No announcement yet.

*** VD 12 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, sorry to see you guys with so many regrets and concerns. I was picking without a spreadsheet or a plan, but I feel like I've got all kinds of options and I've righted the ship. Looks like smooth sailing to a top finish for my squad.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Man, sorry to see you guys with so many regrets and concerns. I was picking without a spreadsheet or a plan, but I feel like I've got all kinds of options and I've righted the ship. Looks like smooth sailing to a top finish for my squad.
      Check out that passive aggressive salt, with just the right amount of bravado. Pogues would be proud.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Check out that passive aggressive salt, with just the right amount of bravado. Pogues would be proud.

The right amount of bravado is critical, too much can ruin things. It's a fine line
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• This is the first set of picks since the Rd 2-3 turn where I've had no clue what I want to do.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Aw heck, when you don't know what you're doing, just take the best guy left at a good letter and work it out later.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              This is the first set of picks since the Rd 2-3 turn where I've had no clue what I want to do.
              This is the 2nd straight round you've picked the best player off the top of my list. If we don't stop, the robot will destroy us!

Comment

• I felt really good about the Gehringer pick. I don't feel great about the Walker because I don't feel like I have a coherent strategy at this point on the pitching side, and going with Walker closes out some options there. But ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Were there any other rules changes about which us attention-challenged owners should be aware? I remember some talk about whether the wild card must be an outfielder (my understanding is that he does not have to be an OF) and maybe some stuff about boning Squid's mom or something.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                    Were there any other rules changes about which us attention-challenged owners should be aware? I remember some talk about whether the wild card must be an outfielder (my understanding is that he does not have to be an OF) and maybe some stuff about boning Squid's mom or something.
                    No limit on the number of contemporary pitcher that each team can have.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                      Someone's been waiting a long time to say that
                      I was happy with a QUIZY run right there before I jumped on board with two big letters. QUIZY can be figured out later!

Comment

• You mean QUIZzzzzzzzzzzzzY run.......

Comment

• Who is here now that is really clear on the rules? I'll pm you a quick question.

Comment

• Personally, I

1) Am here now
                            2) Am *not* clear on the rules
                            3) Want to know the question, since I'll probably have the same one at some point

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Personally, I

1) Am here now
                              2) Am *not* clear on the rules
                              3) Want to know the question, since I'll probably have the same one at some point
                              I PM'ed Johnny since he follows me. When I get my answer I'll share the question.

Comment

• I am here. Once upon a time I was clear on the rules.

Comment

Working...
                                X