*** VD 12 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Interesting that you ranked S ahead of B.
    The top of B is definitely stronger than the top of S, but I would predict that significantly more of the wildcard picks will go to S than to B. From this point onward in the draft, S will shine brighter than B.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Letters all have their nuances.
      Agreed. And certain letters are particularly strong for hitting and weak for pitching, or vice versa.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Also, certain letters have degrees of ripeness. D for instance is strong in rounds 3 to 10, then falls off a cliff, usually after Dahlen, Drysdale and Dickey fall. But it comes back later.

G is strong numerically, but if you don't have the right needs, flexibility or eligibility it can seem weak.

Letters all have their nuances.
        I have gotten nailed on H so many times in drafts past, which is why I went after Hartnett where I did. The worst feeling is getting a mediocre player at the end of the draft with one of the "strong" letters.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          Agreed. And certain letters are particularly strong for hitting and weak for pitching, or vice versa.
          Yes. And some strong for contemporary and some for deadball players, similarly.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• So, I may be in an interview on Wednesday next week, and I will be in Japan from Thursday until the following Sunday (week +). I'm supposed to get some roaming hotspot thing in Japan so I will check in, but I'm not going to be the most responsive person for that week or so.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              D has not kept up with the other good letters over the past decade.

K and P are working to push out of the pack and into a group with H. They don't quite have the star power to do it yet but have certainly added well to their depth.
              K Is the new D
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                I'm not going to be the most responsive person for that week or so.
                So basically no change then.

Comment

• Hey are you there? Hey?

Comment

So basically no change then.
                    basically.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      K Is the new D
                      That's what Squid's Mom says.

Comment

• I assume Feral is holding us up yet again. What the superfuck, man?!?!?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                          I assume Feral is holding us up yet again. What the superfuck, man?!?!?!
                          I wish I was. I'm waiting for a more critical moment though
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Really moving along today.

Comment

• So being one of the people who doesn't really do his own rankings and just sort of comes up with a vague strategy and sort of follows it is Jansen in the right ballpark since this is the first time he has been drafted?

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                                So being one of the people who doesn't really do his own rankings and just sort of comes up with a vague strategy and sort of follows it is Jansen in the right ballpark since this is the first time he has been drafted?
                                Never heard of him ... very nice looking pick

Comment

Working...
                                X