No announcement yet.

*** VD 12 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just noticed the scoring sheet has "El Bene"...nice.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      You seem to have discounted the possibility that the obfuscation was a deliberate attempt on my part to gain an unfair edge
      Why you little bag of dicks

Comment

• I'm just going to make a skip pick here again, optimistically, in case Mookie shows up after I go to bed.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Is mjl the only player to have used a WC so far (and pretty sure he didn’t even mean to use one)?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Is mjl the only player to have used a WC so far (and pretty sure he didn’t even mean to use one)?
            And heye
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Is mjl the only player to have used a WC so far (and pretty sure he didn’t even mean to use one)?
              details!

but yeah, life has been kind of hectic lately, so i have zero strategy. i don't even have a spreadsheet, just vague ideas of who i wanted and some bbref searching when my turn is up. anyone who isn't new to this that i beat has some serious explaining to do.
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Why you little bag of dicks
                What can I say, everyone think the best of me

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                  details!

but yeah, life has been kind of hectic lately, so i have zero strategy. i don't even have a spreadsheet, just vague ideas of who i wanted and some bbref searching when my turn is up. anyone who isn't new to this that i beat has some serious explaining to do.
                  Koufax: Rd 3 pick
                  Kimbrel: Rd 5 pick

Comment

• Just bored and wanted to hear some opinions of the people much smarter than me at this. Does anyone have a ranking for the letters? I know we talk about BMSCW, OVEN, and QUIZY, but has anyone ranked all the letters top to bottom for overall strength?

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                      Just bored and wanted to hear some opinions of the people much smarter than me at this. Does anyone have a ranking for the letters? I know we talk about BMSCW, OVEN, and QUIZY, but has anyone ranked all the letters top to bottom for overall strength?
                      I have

MS
                      BCW
                      GR
                      H
                      DFJTKLP
                      A
                      OVEN
                      YZ
                      QUI
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• D has not kept up with the other good letters over the past decade.

K and P are working to push out of the pack and into a group with H. They don't quite have the star power to do it yet but have certainly added well to their depth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                          D has not kept up with the other good letters over the past decade.

K and P are working to push out of the pack and into a group with H. They don't quite have the star power to do it yet but have certainly added well to their depth.
                          Thanks the DFJTKLP is the group I have the hardest time evaluating.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                            Thanks the DFJTKLP is the group I have the hardest time evaluating.
                            There's not a lot of differentiation among that group. Top to bottom among that group isn't as big a gap as from the bottom of that group (whichever one it is, and I'm not sure) down to the OVEN group.

Or you could say that A is part of that group and is the weakest sister. But I put it in its own group, because it was the only one I was confident splitting out.

Comment

• Interesting that you ranked S ahead of B.

Comment

• Also, certain letters have degrees of ripeness. D for instance is strong in rounds 3 to 10, then falls off a cliff, usually after Dahlen, Drysdale and Dickey fall. But it comes back later.

G is strong numerically, but if you don't have the right needs, flexibility or eligibility it can seem weak.

Letters all have their nuances.

Comment

Working...
                                X