*** VD 12 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    that was my thought before I realized that I had way too many career saves. So there was really no reason to get Hoffman back in Round 3 or 4.
    It'll only be a problem if you have to pass value later in the draft. And that's as unpredictable as hoping and praying on specific players falling.

Don't discount the strength of 5000 IP of 22/318w 242/4042K 1.59 & 0.900 / 2.73 & 1.121 .... not to mention the career saves. Plug that "SP" into your ranking and see how high he flies!! The only weak(ish) point in my mind is the BY Saves ... and that's only because typically you'd like more than 100sv from 3 top pick "closers". But that's an easy fix, especially with 11 P slots.

I like Hoffman, Fingers and Hoyt.

Comment

• I wanted to pick Kid Nichols but am not a smart enough man to figure out how to make him work on this team (or any other I've ever had) other than by employing the "Glad technique", which I sort of shot to hell when I picked Tiant.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        I wanted to pick Kid Nichols but am not a smart enough man to figure out how to make him work on this team (or any other I've ever had) other than by employing the "Glad technique", which I sort of shot to hell when I picked Tiant.
        Nichols was very high on my list as well, I had typed his name in, but ended up swapping it out last second.

Comment

• Nichols is a tough pitcher to take because of that 1.22 WHIP across 5,000+ innings. He's a swift kick in the WHIP nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            OK thanks! In the voting thread it says "2 WC's (1 extra UTIL and P slot)", so that's what was confusing initially.
            sorry, I can see how that would be confusing (WTF Johnny?!?!) but it's 2 different issues. We will have 2 wildcards... since we are adding 2 more players, we will add another OF position and another P slot.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              sorry, I can see how that would be confusing (WTF Johnny?!?!) but it's 2 different issues. We will have 2 wildcards... since we are adding 2 more players, we will add another OF position and another P slot.
              Thanks, I got it now.

Comment

On another note, how non-PC is the "off the reservation" saying... never thought of it until I just wrote it. I'll have to keep that in mind
                I had never thought of that, either. Brought the use of the phrase up to a Native friend of mine the other day and mentioned that I hadn't thought of it before. She told me it was because I'm an idiot. So by the transitive property...
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• We are getting to the point in the draft where I stare at my SS and just think about how I will screw this draft up.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                    We are getting to the point in the draft where I stare at my SS and just think about how I will screw this draft up.
                    Strange, when I stare at the spreadsheet all I think about is how I already screwed it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      I had never thought of that, either. Brought the use of the phrase up to a Native friend of mine the other day and mentioned that I hadn't thought of it before. She told me it was because I'm an idiot. So by the transitive property...
                      apologize to her for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        No lineups for the entire season?! I know a former owner who's wanting to get back in...
                        it was the job...

I just looked at my team, and it's not a pretty site. I think I have like 3 solid keepers, and maybe 5 or 6 more that either have potential so I want to keep them (Trea Turner) or ... I have to keep someone, so I guess I can keep... (Hamels, Donaldson, Pollack). It's a sad sight.

On the job front... had another interview today. Seemed to go pretty well. Another Survey consulting firm out of the SD area, but I would work remotely.

Comment

it was the job...

I just looked at my team, and it's not a pretty site. I think I have like 3 solid keepers, and maybe 5 or 6 more that either have potential so I want to keep them (Trea Turner) or ... I have to keep someone, so I guess I can keep... (Hamels, Donaldson, Pollack). It's a sad sight.

On the job front... had another interview today. Seemed to go pretty well. Another Survey consulting firm out of the SD area, but I would work remotely.
                          Not pretty indeed, hence my inquiry
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

apologize to her for me.
                            You're a good dude. I was just joshin' ya. But, yeah, it's crazy how easily those things flow from our everyday speech. Good on you for being thoughtful (unlike me).

Comment

You seem to have discounted the possibility that the obfuscation was a deliberate attempt on my part to gain an unfair edge

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                You seem to have discounted the possibility that the obfuscation was a deliberate attempt on my part to gain an unfair edge
                                Johnny is THE Wildcard!

Comment

Working...
                                X