No announcement yet.

*** VD 12 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don’t think the Wc has to be an of . In Vd 9 Wc were all positions. We just meant we added an Of not a 2nd Ut

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
      I don’t think the Wc has to be an of . In Vd 9 Wc were all positions. We just meant we added an Of not a 2nd Ut
      Confused, I asked the question twice in this thread, and then KS presented it as well, and no one answered?

The rules at the start of the draft thread say:

Note - 2xWC's:

5 OF's instead of 4 (VD5)
      1 Extra pitcher slot

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Double checked ... if he is, he shouldn't be.

Edit: ... he isn't listed as OF eligible on the SS.
        Spreadsheet is right, I just wasn't clear on the rules and asked a couple times and never got an answer, I guess this forces an answer

So is the WC any position now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Spreadsheet is right, I just wasn't clear on the rules and asked a couple times and never got an answer, I guess this forces an answer

I think I recall answering something like this ...

WC can be any letter. You can pick 3 B's for instance.

A WC player can be placed in any position. Position has always been irrelevant for WC's.

-----

The rules post in the draft thread is what you should look at, not necessarily the summaries. The summaries sometimes only highlight difference between drafts. i.e. this draft we are using an extra OF instead of a P etc.

That said, there may not be a specific rule for WC's, as we have always just taken it for granted. I'll amend the rule (or create one) if that's the case. It's good that things like this are highlighted. We've done so many of these, we forget it might not be so transparent for new players.

J

Comment

as far as I know yes ( but I am not the rules guy)

I know in Vd 9 1 of my Wc was a catcher -the other a Ut

and there were many P WC

Comment

I think I recall answering something like this ...

WC can be any letter. You can pick 3 B's for instance.

A WC player can be placed in any position. Position is irrelevant for WC.
              OK thanks! In the voting thread it says "2 WC's (1 extra UTIL and P slot)", so that's what was confusing initially.

Comment

• Just looking at my team now. I guess with Hoffman and fingers I didn't really need Hoyt Wilhelm. I should do alright in career saves.
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  Just looking at my team now. I guess with Hoffman and fingers I didn't really need Hoyt Wilhelm. I should do alright in career saves.
                  Wilhelm is the original tweener!

Can't recall ever picking him, but I always want him.

Comment

• The only way any arguments are permitted to be resolved around these parts are through polls....so, so many polls.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      The only way any arguments are permitted to be resolved around these parts are through polls....so, so many polls.
                      Wait, didn't Trump win a poll?

Comment

Wait, didn't Trump win a poll?

Putin’s pole-holster.
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Wilhelm is the original tweener!

Can't recall ever picking him, but I always want him.
                          Maybe it's time we allowed trading. Hell, it's past time. Best offer by midnight gets him
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            Maybe it's time we allowed trading. Hell, it's past time. Best offer by midnight gets him
                            Fingers and Hoyt ... that's like getting a free SP 18/257w.

Comment

Fingers and Hoyt ... that's like getting a free SP 18/257w.
                              that was my thought before I realized that I had way too many career saves. So there was really no reason to get Hoffman back in Round 3 or 4.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Confused, I asked the question twice in this thread, and then KS presented it as well, and no one answered?

The rules at the start of the draft thread say:

Note - 2xWC's:

5 OF's instead of 4 (VD5)
                                1 Extra pitcher slot
                                Ah, I didn't understand your question. The extra position player is an OF position, not an extra UT. That's what I thought you were asking.

And it's already been answered here, but you can use any letter you want for any position, including the wild card letters. The wild cards could be spent on two catchers or two pitchers, if you wanted.
                                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                                X