No announcement yet.

*** VD 12 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frae, Johnny, and hacko are all here. Can we make a little run?
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      By the way, I think the answer to this is that it is 5 OF? We usually go with what the rules post says in cases of doubt, but better to clear this one up now rather than later.
      Anyone who disagrees with the wildcard being the 5th OFer speak now...

Comment

Frae, Johnny, and hacko are all here. Can we make a little run?
        I'm working on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
          I'm working on it.
          Let's go!

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Mike have you informed your new co-worker that he is your screen name and avatar?
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Mike have you informed your new co-worker that he is your screen name and avatar?
              Haven't met him yet. Yeah, it's kind of funny.

Comment

• The political threads call to me like siren's songs, whispering "only you can let people know just how wrong they really are..."
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Let's go!

The pick is in, go with the lord my son.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                    The political threads call to me like siren's songs, whispering "only you can let people know just how wrong they really are..."
                    I got sucked back in for a while, but am trying to dial it back again. It only winds up frustrating me.

Comment

The political threads call to me like siren's songs, whispering "only you can let people know just how wrong they really are..."
                      if only it were that simple. I have been very good about ignoring them until today, and i already am scrambling for the exit.
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Are you prevented because of your job or simply want to maintain your sanity?
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          if only it were that simple. I have been very good about ignoring them until today, and i already am scrambling for the exit.
                          Uhhh, I mean its great. Come join the discussion
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Team Overviews (in case KS was wondering, everyone got good at this while he was away ... how many time can I use the word solid?):

TSGarp

Really love that Ruth - Duffy paring. Kinda regret not bypassing "second round" value and picking Duffy myself. Piazza is a nice pick, but not sure about the second MH so soon, even though he is a QUIZY, especially with 2 DH's gone. I guess the flexibility hit gets offset by the QYN investment and C2S slots filled. Pitching is a bit more tricky. If I invested in 4 early pitchers (even if they include a Q and N), I'd not be happy with those teetering ratios. Counting stats are rockin' though.

The Real Kevin Seitzer

Super solid as always. Felt he could have gambled a bit on Zimmerman, given where he went in VD9. Everything else is what you'd expect. Great value picks, that all fit well together. Throw into the mix ZENV in the bank, and (to no ones surprise) we have a contender. Walter Johnson is a workhorse ... picks Niekro and Franco, and still has solid ratios (9x5x10x10).

Mookie

Quality opening for a first time drafter. Hitting is looking well balanced with plenty of stats banked. Hard to spot any holes in those selections. Flexibility could be an issue down the line with 4xOF only picks, and only 1 tough position filled (C) ... not to mention CBWH and 2 DP taken. But I guess the foundation is there to fix those problems. Dat pitching though ... Walsh and Brown are an insane combo (though very expensive) ... Uehara even buffs 3 of the 4 ratios. Will be interesting to see where he goes with this.

Frae

Surprise surprise, another really solid team. Almost everything looks very good here. Letter and position management is spot-on with 2xC and SS banked, and pitching is well set up. Maybe you could criticize using 3xDH so soon, but that's quibbling. Snagging Keefe sent me into a wtf-to-do-next spiral ... then stole Nen from under my nose.

Johnny

Really hate drafting 5th (assuming someone doesn't pass on one of the Elite 4). Should not have paired Aaron with Pujols. Spent most of the next 6 rounds fixing this error. Aaron-Duffy, Aaron-Hamilton would have been better. Was frustrated that there was not extra value picks, and forced it. Frae then stole Keefe, and I somehow came up with the Randy gambit after much deliberation. Felt that Hecker was a must pick after that ... therefore 2 self-inflicted problems to solve!! Fortunately got Hecker. Should be a solid foundation, although I'd like my letter / position flexibility to be in better shape ... given the mistakes at the start, I'll take it.

Comment

• Thanks for the reviews Johnny I always find them fun. The Bench pick was the first pick I made where I was all over the map with about 7 guys. I had debated between 2 or 3 guys a few times, but this one I just couldn't decide what I needed most at this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                The Real Kevin Seitzer

Super solid as always. Felt he could have gambled a bit on Zimmerman, given where he went in VD9. Everything else is what you'd expect. Great value picks, that all fit well together. Throw into the mix ZENV in the bank, and (to no ones surprise) we have a contender. Walter Johnson is a workhorse ... picks Niekro and Franco, and still has solid ratios (9x5x10x10).
                                Yeah, Zimmerman was a flat out bad pick. Best at his letter at that point but not a good value at all. The Robinson-Zimmerman turn was made off my decade-old spreadsheets, and didn't have any accounting for all the good Z's who have played since then, many of them still on the board now.

Comment

Working...
                                X