*** VD 12 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am here. I will pick Irishly.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Giving that kind of value to the Robot is not a good idea, fellow VDers.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Made my pick and sent a PM to Garp.

I don't know yet whom I'm going to take with my next pick but I'll figure it out tonight yet. I am slowly getting my draft materials organized. Mostly have my hitter sheets in some semblance of order. Now I need to get my pitcher sheets in order and quit relying on the Big Train to pull the load forever.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          Made my pick and sent a PM to Garp.

I don't know yet whom I'm going to take with my next pick but I'll figure it out tonight yet. I am slowly getting my draft materials organized. Mostly have my hitter sheets in some semblance of order. Now I need to get my pitcher sheets in order and quit relying on the Big Train to pull the load forever.
          He can do a lot of pulling, particularly in a format like this one.
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          ---------------------------------------------
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• SPREADSHEET NOTES:

I've made some fixes to the spreadsheet since it was released.

1. I put in the wrong year for Mookie's Rickey Henderson pick (1982 instead of 85). I'll fix this in the Draft and history thread also.
            2. The Hitting positions on the Snapshot page are fixed ... they still had INF slots.
            3. I added a couple of quality of life sections to the Rounds page ... not sure how useful they will be. You can compare years and players quickly without flipping between sheets. I dunno... let me know.
            4. There was an error in the ratio calculations on the CP CH BH BP sheets.

... and there were a couple of other less important changes.

The download link in in the first post of the Draft Thread.
            Last edited by johnnya24; 11-18-2018, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• Everything updated ...

Comment

• JUST FIXED ANOTHER ERROR IN THE SCORING SHEET

... please re-download. Or manually reverse the "AVG-rk" colums ont he CH and BYH sheets.

Comment

• I'm around and still sorting through some picks. Will pick soon-ish.

Comment

• I wasn't intending to take another hitter here, but I couldn't pass up Stan the Man in the fifth round.

Comment

• I don't know how to contact MookieTyme. Can't PM and I don't know who it is IRL so not sure if I know them on Facebook. But Mookie is up.

Comment

• My prediction for December 13th:
                        Atlanta Braves sign Manny Machado
                        New Brave Manny Machado changes name to Manny Uachado
                        25.02 Manny Uachado 2018 SS/SB
                        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                          I don't know how to contact MookieTyme. Can't PM and I don't know who it is IRL so not sure if I know them on Facebook. But Mookie is up.
                          He told me who he was intending to pick if he made it back, but he didn't technically leave me a pick. I messaged him.

Comment

• I know del has been sending me FB messages but I don't actually get alerts on those and RJ alerts come really late to my email. So if anyone just wants to email me when I am up I will see those alerts, [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                              I know del has been sending me FB messages but I don't actually get alerts on those and RJ alerts come really late to my email. So if anyone just wants to email me when I am up I will see those alerts, [email protected]
                              I wont be around until lunchtime EST (probably just after). So there won't be a massive rush for you to pick if that helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                I wont be around until lunchtime EST (probably just after). So there won't be a massive rush for you to pick if that helps.
                                Sounds good, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X