X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
    Has anybody told the Mike he is up?

Never mind just told him on FB.
    Mike won't be selecting his first pick until his final projections are complete.

Comment

• I'm here. What's the most recent draft that is similar to this one? I think I'm going to have pick based on history since I haven't done any prep for this yet.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Jumped on for a ride with the Big Train. MookieTyme is up.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          I'm here. What's the most recent draft that is similar to this one? I think I'm going to have pick based on history since I haven't done any prep for this yet.
          Yeah right we believe you.

Do I finish top 5?

(I thought it was VD6, but no, that was a Letter/Decade draft ... I'm pretty sure VD 1 would have been plain letter, but just guessing)

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            Yeah right we believe you.

Do I finish top 5?

(I thought it was VD6, but no, that was a Letter/Decade draft ... I'm pretty sure VD 1 would have been plain letter, but just guessing)
            Vd 9 was letters

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
              Vd 9 was letters
              But wasn't that a restricted draft? We were doing weird stuff around that time. Can't check right now.

Comment

But wasn't that a restricted draft? We were doing weird stuff around that time. Can't check right now.
                Don't think so:

Rules:

Format:

Letters (Last Name)
                Muliplicative Scoring +1
                No KO's
                15 Hitters / 10 Pitchers (3 QUIZY's and 2 WC's)
                BA not OBP (no change)
                Team IP minimum set at 18000
                The Deadball / Contemporary hitter limitations are in play. ONLY the Deadball pitcher limitation is in play (Contemporary Pitcher limitation removed)

VD 9 had 12 participants, so the sheet isn't just transferable, but it'll serve KS's needs for "average draft position".
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Not sure if it matters, but this one is 14 hitters / 11 pitchers and VD 9 was 15/10. The rest, other than # of participants, seems to be the same.

Honestly, perhaps for ease of use and since we're starting kind of slowly here, maybe we should just adopt the rules from VD 9 wholesale, including # of hitters and pitchers. Just a thought.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                    Not sure if it matters, but this one is 14 hitters / 11 pitchers and VD 9 was 15/10. The rest, other than # of participants, seems to be the same.

Honestly, perhaps for ease of use and since we're starting kind of slowly here, maybe we should just adopt the rules from VD 9 wholesale, including # of hitters and pitchers. Just a thought.
                    I'd be for that... and welcome back you sneaky devil!
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Not sure if it matters, but this one is 14 hitters / 11 pitchers and VD 9 was 15/10. The rest, other than # of participants, seems to be the same.

Welcome back! Yea and nay ... it could be used as a foundation, but there's a lot of work in any case:

Updated players and player stats
                      Different number of participants means it has to be built anew anyway
                      Changes to certain of the rule conditions (modern hitter)

I normally don't build the SS until the end of R1 when I know exactly how many participants we have. There may be multiple versions of the SS floating around this draft (which is actually good for validating the scoring).

Comment

Welcome back! Yea and nay ... it could be used as a foundation, but there's a lot of work in any case:

Updated players and player stats
                        Different number of participants means it has to be built anew anyway
                        Changes to certain of the rule conditions (modern hitter)

I normally don't build the SS until the end of R1 when I know exactly how many participants we have. There may be multiple versions of the SS floating around this draft (which is actually good for validating the scoring).
                        At least Revo's Google doc with updated players and stats could just be slotted into an existing spreadsheet, like VD 9's. However, one of the things I've never been able to do very well is adjust the number of participants so it's consistent on every tab of the sheet --- from VD 9 to VD 12 (this one) we will need to go from 12 owners to 14.

I have a VD 9 sheet, I have Revo's google docs spreadsheet, I just don't have the expertise to take those things and make them into a new VD 12 sheet.

Comment

• I picked and tried to come up with something better, but just felt I can't F up too much with getting those stats from a Y.

Comment

• It's just dawned on me that 5th is the worst pick in the first round.

Comment

At least Revo's Google doc with updated players and stats could just be slotted into an existing spreadsheet, like VD 9's. However, one of the things I've never been able to do very well is adjust the number of participants so it's consistent on every tab of the sheet --- from VD 9 to VD 12 (this one) we will need to go from 12 owners to 14.

I have a VD 9 sheet, I have Revo's google docs spreadsheet, I just don't have the expertise to take those things and make them into a new VD 12 sheet.
                              Yeah that's the pain-in-the-ass time-consuming part. I wait until we are 100% on participants so I don't have to do it twice.

Comment

• Watching MLB network - and who flashes across the screen . KS name getting a job. Woot woot Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X