*** VD 12 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    resigning my job today... so I'll be someone NOT getting paid to play Vintage draft. The flip side, I may have more time to devote and might not finish dead last. Maybe third to last, but not last.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Oct. 25 Start
      Wonder how many picks I'll miss if I'm out of the country from Nov 4 - 8th? Come to think of it I'll probably have wifi, but won't have much in terms of research ability.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Wonder how many picks I'll miss if I'm out of the country from Nov 4 - 8th? Come to think of it I'll probably have wifi, but won't have much in terms of research ability.
        Picks are slow, and we are a pretty understanding lot if we get advance notice that something is going on. There's usually like a 24 hour clock (though we all try to be respectful). If you have wifi and can log in at night or something, all will be good. Plus, if we end up doing letters, (which it looks like we probably will) there's a bunch of previous drafts that you can check out to get an idea where people usually go.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          Franchises? Did we debate these things somewhere?
          Nice that I listed 3 questions in my summary and all you responded to was something I had listed as a decided item...

What are the general thoughts on Eras now? Are we still modern?

Comment

Picks are slow, and we are a pretty understanding lot if we get advance notice that something is going on. There's usually like a 24 hour clock (though we all try to be respectful). If you have wifi and can log in at night or something, all will be good. Plus, if we end up doing letters, (which it looks like we probably will) there's a bunch of previous drafts that you can check out to get an idea where people usually go.
            Plus once we get the big spreadsheet most of the work is done off that and any formula that you come up with to rank the players.
            It not like in season roto. We don’t give no shit if they are injured OR even dead,. All we care about is good stories about them -Amish - toothpaste - som ones mom...

Comment

Nice that I listed 3 questions in my summary and all you responded to was something I had listed as a decided item...

What are the general thoughts on Eras now? Are we still modern?
              Plus I remember Johnny having some thought on current pitchers or something

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                any formula that you come up with to rank the players.
                not at all sure what you are talking about here...

Comment

not at all sure what you are talking about here...
                  I think the real topic of this Draft is where will the jobless minions land in this group. When will they land. What will there job be and what should it be.....discuss

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                    I think the real topic of this Draft is where will the jobless minions land in this group. When will they land. What will there job be and what should it be.....discuss
                    Don't want to jink it... but I've got a somewhat promising interview on Tuesday.

I'm almost concerned now that I won't be out of work long enough. Am looking forward to a break, visiting some friends and getting some work around the house done.

Comment

• Oh, just so you know Ken... this commentary thread is pretty much for anything. Probably stay somewhat away from the hot topic stuff, but it's certainly not just draft commentary. I think we had over 10k posts one draft in here. most of it about toothpaste.

Comment

Don't want to jink it... but I've got a somewhat promising interview on Tuesday.

I'm almost concerned now that I won't be out of work long enough. Am looking forward to a break, visiting some friends and getting some work around the house done.
                        I am getting paid until May my regular Salary so I tell all my friends no job until January (at least) I turn 62 in December so I could just take SS. (But I won’t). I am a little different then you I am looking to cut back on my workload and want a semi retirement job. Pay the Bills- insurance... I know where I want to go but they currently have no openings but hoping one opens up in the next 6 months.

Comment

Oh, just so you know Ken... this commentary thread is pretty much for anything. Probably stay somewhat away from the hot topic stuff, but it's certainly not just draft commentary. I think we had over 10k posts one draft in here. most of it about toothpaste.
                          And tell eld. To Eat a bag of Dicks!

Comment

• I almost just google Amish eating a bag of dicks and realized nothing good at all could come of that.

Comment

Oh, just so you know Ken... this commentary thread is pretty much for anything. Probably stay somewhat away from the hot topic stuff, but it's certainly not just draft commentary. I think we had over 10k posts one draft in here. most of it about toothpaste.
                              Heh, doesn't bother me at all.

BTW there have been at least discussions of a few different ways that the rules are applied in other threads. Any way we could post a full rules rundown.

i.e. 23 players at the typical spots.
                              IP requirements
                              Games requirement for eligibility
                              Decades requirement (is that implied in addition to last name?)
                              Deadball/modern requirements
                              etc.

I know that information is probably in another post but I think about this topic now and then and prefer to have one spot (in the VD12 thread) that I can go back to to refresh my memory on all the rules. I don't want to get to my 17th round pick and realize I've been missing an obvious strategy.

Are we doing additive or multiplicative standings?

Also, where can I find the standings from the last draft? Is that posted anywhere? i.e. you had XYZ RBI and XYZ runs

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                I probably got a new player coming in also ...
                                <----New player

Comment

Working...
                                X