No announcement yet.

*** VD 11 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This draft is the stupidest thing I have done in my entire life. I have done CtrL-F approximately 6000 times, I finally find Bug Holliday and he is taken. How did it ever come to this ?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
      sorry about the delay. I'm changing jobs and had to spend the day in exit interviews and returning stuff. In this way my story is a lot like that of Nazrudin.
      I missed this in my 8 hour search to find an undrafted player. Best wishes in the new job, hope its a nice change for you
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I think it will be. There are a lot of great things about Google that I'll miss, but I'm going from a 70-120 minute commute each way to being a mile from my new office.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Wow. I remember when you were laboring over the decision to take the job with Google. Guess we've all been here too long...
          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Elmer Frickin Smith was taken by Heyelander in the first round.
            It's probably obvious from the way I have been drafting (and not drafting) -- but I'm confused. I assume you are just messin with me ?
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Yes, just joking.
              The way I have been drafting I was worried you weren't joking. Haven't been able to focus at all on this draft
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Jack Rowe was selected back in round 7.
                On it.
                "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Jack Rowe was selected back in round 7.
                  Heye also got him in round 9 and I picked him in round 12 too
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• pick up in about 25 minutes

Comment

• History thread updated ... need some more time for my pick. 30 mins pls.

Comment

• Picks up Irishly....

Comment

• He was probably confused because Revo somehow screwed up numbering his picks on the turn, which I would not have thought was possible.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                            He was probably confused because Revo somehow screwed up numbering his picks on the turn, which I would not have thought was possible.
                            I didn't think it was possible either.

Comment

Looks like Mr. A came in and left w/o picking.

Johnny, throw me a PM after you pick so I'll know. Thanks.
                              Yeah, because he's an idiot. Gimme a sec.

Comment

• Sorry, I spent so much time on those 2 picks earlier that I just blanked that I still had a pick to make.

... and then I picked a completely different pick to the player I had planned.
                                Last edited by johnnya24; 02-14-2016, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X