X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
    And of course Brodie was already taken.
    huh? Poo.

My first miss-pick this draft and I was FRAMED!
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Let's skip and move on.
      Agreed.

Comment

Let's skip and move on.
        So, that's ok. Don't notify me that I forwarded a player that had already been taken. It's cool. It's not like I haven't been in front of my computer in a bloody week or anything and spent most of yesterday in airports. But yeah, go ahead and feed your impatience and skip me. Sweet.
        "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
        "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
          So, that's ok. Don't notify me that I forwarded a player that had already been taken. It's cool. It's not like I haven't been in front of my computer in a bloody week or anything and spent most of yesterday in airports. But yeah, go ahead and feed your impatience and skip me. Sweet.
          I think it was because of a previous post when you said you'd be away for a while before getting back to normal. It certainly wasn't meant maliciously. Missing a few picks in the middle rounds is typically inconsequential ... unlike the early or late rounds when we tend to have an informal no skip policy. So if we do skip ahead, it's usually in these rounds.

So I wouldn't take it too personal ... most of us really wouldn't care if we got skipped in circumstances when we're busy, and I guess we just assume it's the same for everyone.

The specific rule for mispicks is:

13. If a player makes an invalid or incorrect selection, he will have 1 hour to correct the pick from the time the error is noted in the thread. After that time has passed, the next player will be on the clock to pick. Anyone who is skipped may reselect their pick whenever they return from all players still available at that time.
          ... and of course the one and only draft I forget to copy paste the rules into the draft thread, we need to reference them numerous times

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            I think it was because of a previous post when you said you'd be away for a while before getting back to normal. It certainly wasn't meant maliciously. Missing a few picks in the middle rounds is typically inconsequential ... unlike the early or late rounds when we tend to have an informal no skip policy. So if we do skip ahead, it's usually in these rounds.

So I wouldn't take it too personal ... most of us really wouldn't care if we got skipped in circumstances when we're busy, and I guess we just assume it's the same for everyone.

The specific rule for mispicks is:

... and of course the one and only draft I forget to copy paste the rules into the draft thread, we need to reference them numerous times

It's fine. I'm just more annoyed because I took steps to prevent it and not hold up the draft further. Since I didn't get a PM (which comes right to the email on my phone), I figured the pick was fine, so I had no idea I made an invalid pick until I popped back on this evening to check on progress.
            "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
            "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

It's fine. I'm just more annoyed because I took steps to prevent it and not hold up the draft further. Since I didn't get a PM (which comes right to the email on my phone), I figured the pick was fine, so I had no idea I made an invalid pick until I popped back on this evening to check on progress.
              my bad mate. I just posted your and posted mine and forgot about it. Wasn't until I got a note that said yours was illegal that I pulled both and again quickly forgot about it.

Comment

Never trust anyone who lives on the west coast. I am still bitter that damn slasher stole my player I pm him a few drafts back. The Bastard!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                  Never trust anyone who lives on the west coast. I am still bitter that damn slasher stole my player I pm him a few drafts back. The Bastard!!!!!!!
                  The ingratitude !! I was saving you from yourself, just look at the final standings. Last time I do you a favor.
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I assume someone is keeping track of the decade minimums and maximums? Because that is going to be a shitshow later on (or already?) if someone goes over or under the limits. I don't see anyone is at the maximum yet, though.
                    I am keeping an eye on it, more because I'm trying to figure out who is most likely to f%#& me over.
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I assume someone is keeping track of the decade minimums and maximums? Because that is going to be a shitshow later on (or already?) if someone goes over or under the limits. I don't see anyone is at the maximum yet, though.
                      I'm keeping track of mine. I have proven to have no clue what any of you all are doing, either right or wrong.

Comment

When was the last time you downloaded the spreadsheet? On the Snapshot page, next to every team there is a table that keeps track of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          When was the last time you downloaded the spreadsheet? On the Snapshot page, next to every team there is a table that keeps track of this.
                          as if he knows how to switch tabs in excel.

Comment

• sorry about the delay. I'm changing jobs and had to spend the day in exit interviews and returning stuff. In this way my story is a lot like that of Nazrudin.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Just rescued the laptop from my daughter who was watching "Mako Mermaids" -- it's Exceeeelent. Anyway, should have my pick up soon for those of you on the edge of your seat
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Can't say I'm surprised that Heye and I are last in the standings, we seem to be drafting the same players quite a bit
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X