*** VD 11 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    Seriously, sometimes I get sick of carrying the water for everyone on these things.
    If you ever need a hand with anything, drop me a PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      We're going to go with whatever is on the Lahman database, but I'll do any quick updates with B-R.com in the mean time.
      no, no, let's just stick with Lahman on this one.... :looksbothwaysfurtively:

Oh, additions you mean. Yeah, I pulled the BY from BR, but it has a slightly different career line that was in VD10 which is what I pulled when I gave the Career info (I'm still using my VD10 spreadsheet)
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I had Levi Pencil in but took him out. Mainly because I went for a Catcher over the 1870 guy.

Comment

• Likely 5 minutes before Feral picks I'll be offline for 6 hours.
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Not content with his 13 hour delay last time, Feral Slasher is moving for the rare 23 hour delay this time around. Will he go for 33 next time! Let's wait and see! (Emphasis on wait....)

While we wait, I hope Frae can do some team reviews. I can't even tell who is doing well and who is not at this point. I'm flying blind as ever.
            Haha team reviews, you are funny. I don't even know what is going on. I have no plan and no way to tell who is doing well. It may be fun to get into a new player pool, but it really makes me feel clueless who I should be taking. On the bright side I never get mad at anyones picks because I don't bother planning until I am up.

Comment

You used to do them! C'mon, man!

I am in the same boat as you. I just reverted to picking scarcity for a while but I'm regretting it now since I missed out on a shitload of value picks. It's nice to have flexibility but less nice to not have any good players to use that flexibility on, lol.
              Also no clue but I have a feeling us with still having 3 1870 players to pick have no chance - along with having to pick 2 catchers. It could get pretty ugly at the end .

this has shown a few options for future drafts - doing Decade drafts. Like 1920 &1930 , 1940 & 1950 , 1960 & 1970... to go deeper in the decades player pools

Comment

Not content with his 13 hour delay last time, Feral Slasher is moving for the rare 23 hour delay this time around. Will he go for 33 next time! Let's wait and see! (Emphasis on wait....)

While we wait, I hope Frae can do some team reviews. I can't even tell who is doing well and who is not at this point. I'm flying blind as ever.
                I was going to pick when I got home from work....but I just completely blanked. I knew when I woke up I had committed a grievous transgression. I come here before my VD community, with a spirit of humbleness, seeking forgiveness. Plus I'm going to post my pick in a few minutes.
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                ---------------------------------------------
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  I was going to pick when I got home from work....but I just completely blanked. I knew when I woke up I had committed a grievous transgression. I come here before my VD community, with a spirit of humbleness, seeking forgiveness. Plus I'm going to post my pick in a few minutes.
                  I was fine...right up until you actually made your pick.
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Wayne said he knows he is up but doesn't give a rats ass!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                      Wayne said he knows he is up but doesn't give a rats ass!!!!!
                      He's probably out looking for a pink donut.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                        He's probably out looking for a pink donut.
                        the only dunkin' donuts here is like 30 minutes away so it's a bit of a hike.

On that note... they opened a Rita's water ice here. They have like 8 flavors every time I go in, but 5 of them have mango in them. I'm not against mango per se, but you don't need 5 types of Mango water ice. What you do need are, LEMON, Cherry and Chocolate, which are pretty much staples. They rarely have any of them. I think they are trying to cater to the high Asian, and particularly Filipino population in the area but, any time I'm in, the people that are there are eastern transplants who are dismayed that they don't have Lemon. That's like going to an ice cream place and them not having chocolate or vanilla ice cream as a choice. We've just walked out the last couple of times with nothing.

Pick up in a moment.

Comment

Spoiler!

Comment

• Revo has exceeded his quota of private messages.

Comment

• I'll forward a pick to LJ, in case things keep rolling tonight.

Comment

• Great to find out I wasn't up - as Since pretty much 2 am I have been heaving at the porcelain God. And not for drinking reason. Just cam up for air to see we are on LJ so back to being passed out. Check back later.

Comment

Working...
                                X