No announcement yet.

*** VD 11 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here working on my picks - short list was burn to ground since I picked last.

Comment

• I looked hard at both Magee and Joe - but had to take a 1870 player somewhere.

Comment

• I don't know if I like it or hate it but this draft definitely has me looking at different players. I think I would really like it if I had more time to study the sheet and have a good plan . I know I am heading for another cliff somewhere down the line.

Comment

• Pick corrected -- apologies.

Comment

• How long does it take the SS to open for you? I'm running OpenOffice and it's something over 15 minutes.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
              Year is up. In fairness I had just gotten to work when I made that pick with my phone. I had no sheets, and I was managing a pizza place tonight...so you had to wait a bit.

Hey, I could have held up the whole thing for 6 hours.
              Nah. Let me do that.

Just a head's up that I'm traveling for work from Feb 3 thru the 10th. I'll be on west coast time. I will do my best to pick. Just send me a PM and I'll pick as Irishly as possible.
              Last edited by Long John; 02-01-2016, 07:53 AM.
              "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
              "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• My goal this draft is to make 2 picks in a row without PM'ing.

... I think that's a reasonable goal considering you are all sniping my picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                  My goal this draft is to make 2 picks in a row without PM'ing.

... I think that's a reasonable goal considering you are all sniping my picks.
                  Revo in Draft Thread ... trying to make my dreams come true!

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    All of you that are, uh, promptness-challenged, shall we say, can also just subscribe to the thread. You'll get a few emails but you'll be able to keep track without having to rely on others to inform you about where the draft is at.
                    I am subscribed, but only daily.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      Nice pick w/ Lyons. I had him typed all the way in but changed to Magee before I hit send.
                      I was considering Magee when I took Max Carey. I can probably tell you your next two picks since we seem to be looking at the same players.

Comment

• Nap Rucker, the big fat....hey I spotted a spread sheet error. I drafted Larkin as a pitcher not a hitter.
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• nothing to do with nothing, and probably an indication that I am an old man, but I hate video news stories. I would much rather read my news on the internet than have it open a link to a video where someone else reads it to me. Link a video of what you are writing about if necessary, but I really don't have the patience for video clips of the news.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            nothing to do with nothing, and probably an indication that I am an old man, but I hate video news stories. I would much rather read my news on the internet than have it open a link to a video where someone else reads it to me. Link a video of what you are writing about if necessary, but I really don't have the patience for video clips of the news.
                            I agree. I'd much rather read it than watch someone else tell me about it. There's little chance I'll read the news, so my ultimate plan to stay as uninformed as possible should work perfectly.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              nothing to do with nothing, and probably an indication that I am an old man, but I hate video news stories. I would much rather read my news on the internet than have it open a link to a video where someone else reads it to me. Link a video of what you are writing about if necessary, but I really don't have the patience for video clips of the news.
                              Yeah like watching some old sci fi movies ... one day you will talk to your computer, and it will talk back!!!!!!!

... uhhh no thanks

Comment

• Everytime Frae picks I think, "we're at the turn already?". It must be weird for Frae to only make 1 pick at a time

Comment

Working...
                                X