*** VD 11 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
    I know I'm up, but I'm not in front of a computer for a few hours. Pick up Irishly.
    Not sure if my pick is showing in the draft thread. If not, I picked Harry Stovey.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      Not sure if my pick is showing in the draft thread. If not, I picked Harry Stovey.
      Weird. Still says Revo made the last post in the draft thread. I can see my pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
        Yes, that is weird. I see it too.

This place is falling into utter disrepair under Revo's administration.
        Me too. And I completely agree!

Comment

• yeah, there's some weirdness going on lately. I replied to heye's thread about SQL a long time ago but it still says there are zero replies on the thread.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
            yeah, there's some weirdness going on lately. I replied to heye's thread about SQL a long time ago but it still says there are zero replies on the thread.
            If you are replying to Heye I'd expect some weirdness : )
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I haven't downloaded the SS since round 2. I've been pretty much winging it, I think this might not end well. If I had paid more attention this would probably have been a pretty interesting draft. My money is on whoever has Wally J -- jink
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Another thing I've noticed in the last couple of weeks ... when someone makes the first post of a new page, it shows on the sub-forum, but when you click the link for "last post", it shows the previous page.

The sub forum is broke for moderator privileges on mobile BTW. I can reply to a post, but anything else I try and do deletes the post I'm working on, or the previous post.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                  yeah, there's some weirdness going on lately. I replied to heye's thread about SQL a long time ago but it still says there are zero replies on the thread.
                  Really? Is never opened it again because I thought there were no responses.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• My end of the draft sucks. I'm embarrassed to be part of Team Turn.

Comment

I assume you're referring to Revo's horrific administrative reign of terror.
                      That too of course ... Heyelander, LJ, myself and Revo seem to be a bit out of sync.

Comment

• Am I up? I could make my next 5 picks now if it would speed things up some. Your call.

Comment

Well, there's certainly some momentum killing going on here. I wish folks could pick faster or send ahead picks to others, but I've been doing my part by sending PMs and emails and whatnot. I think we are far enough into the draft that we can start enforcing a timer, although we haven't had all that many mega waits (I think?).
                          Pretty sure this is the longest ... clock has been running all day. LJ normally checks in one way or the other, so I'm guessing he can't.

Comment

• LJ will pick Pete Rose because he is an Old Timey type player.

Ty Cobb Thinks Eld is a Prick!!!!!

Comment

What it's been, 16 hours since the last pick? Do we skip at some point? Johnny, you're running this things - I'll leave it up to you.
                              Even I don't take this long to pick!
                              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

What it's been, 16 hours since the last pick? Do we skip at some point? Johnny, you're running this things - I'll leave it up to you.
                                eh, we're always been understanding when someone posts something is up.

Hell, we never even finished that one where Peter Griffin disappeared halfway through.

Comment

Working...
                                X