• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21.07 Sparky Lyle - p 1972
    35 saves

Comment

• 21.08 Willie Stargell - 1B/OF - 1971
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• 21.09 Bret Saberhagen, P, 1989

Comment

• 21.10 Stan Coveleski P 1920
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• FOR CJ

21.11 Jeff Montgomery 1993

45sv

Comment

• 21.12 Luis Gonzalez - 2001

22.01 Carl Crawford - 2010
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              ---------------------------------------------
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• For CJ

22.02 Earl Averill OF 1931
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

• 22.03 Fergie Jenkins P 1968
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

• 22.04 Jimmy Ryan, OF, 1889

Comment

• 22.05 Hippo Vaughn - P - 1918
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• 22.06 Bert Blyleven - 1984 - p

19 w

Comment

• My final "hold your nose" pitcher:

22.07 Noodle Hahn P 1899

... who actually must have been a pretty damn special pitcher. He topped the NL in SO's in his first 3 seasons, then was forced to quit baseball because of arm troubles at 27.

Hahn retired in 1906 due to arm trouble. Using his education as a veterinary surgeon, he took a position as a government meat inspector in Cincinnati. An Ohio newspaper issued an article in July 1908 stating that Hahn had pitched well in semipro baseball and that he would soon be back with the Reds. In 1909, another newspaper report indicated that Hahn had sought medical attention for the arm issue and that he would attempt a major league comeback. By 1910, Hahn was giving private instruction to pitching prospect Rube Benton, who Cincinnati had signed to a $6,000 contract.

After his retirement from baseball, Hahn continued to work out with the Reds on game days until he was at least 68 years old. Author Lee Allen wrote that the members of a Reds team in the 1940s did not know that Hahn had been a successful Reds pitcher until one of the players found an old newspaper clipping about him. Allen said that Hahn was "never one to get a rookie off in a corner and tell him how baseball used to be played or should be played. He was never a mine of information about the game, and was even reluctant to discuss his own career."[19] He died in Candler, North Carolina at the age of 80. He was inducted into the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame in 1963.

Comment

• 22.08 Francisco Cordero P 2004

49 Saves
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• 22.09 Mickey Cochrane C 1929
                              "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                              "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• 22.10 - Benny Kauff, OF, 1914

He's the only player in baseball history to be banned from MLB because of car theft.

Comment

Working...
                                X