No announcement yet.

*** VD 10 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if I was able to extract the data from the Lahman db in a useful way, would we be interested in doing a VD split by BY team rather than name or decade?
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• well, in principle you could take Ruth 1927 as your Yankees player or Ruth 1919 as your Red Sox player rather than as the '20s or '10s player.

this is assuming I can extract it into a spreadsheet that isn't a total mess, which I'm not entirely confident of.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• We have done franchises before. We went by whatever franchise they played the longest with, but by BY would be a nifty idea.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I think RJEL girl is going to wake me up at 4:30am to go to the grand opening of the only Dunkin Donuts within 1000 miles of our house. I should try to take a nap now before this silliness.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            I think RJEL girl is going to wake me up at 4:30am to go to the grand opening of the only Dunkin Donuts within 1000 miles of our house. I should try to take a nap now before this silliness.
            Really? Why would anyone drive 1000 miles for burnt coffee and substandard food?
            "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
            "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• What kind of time limit do you put on picks?
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                What kind of time limit do you put on picks?
                none, but various people will complain about you if you take more than a day without having a good excuse. we're not exactly in a hurry here.

Comment

• Yeah, it's supposedly a 12 hour clock, but if people know what's up they will work with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
                    Really? Why would anyone drive 1000 miles for burnt coffee and substandard food?
                    I hit an extra 0 the. Within 100 miles. Fortunately she didn't wake me. She's in a 2 hour line right now waiting for munchkins. I think it's just more a sense of "home" she's looking for.
                    Last edited by heyelander; 10-06-2015, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• Just thinking about this.

I'm off to Bonaire the first week of November, and then Cabo around Thanksgiving... my posting might be spotty during those times. Maybe I should sit out?

Comment

I hit am extra 0 the. Within 100 miles. Fortunately she didn't wake me. She's in a 2 hour line right now waiting fior munchkins. I think it's just more a sense of "home" she's looking for.
                        yeah, I have to admit that if a White Castle opened up within 50 miles or so I'd probably go, and I haven't had that in many many years (and I know it's bad).

Comment

• The mobile version of this website is so broken. This is the 4th time I've tried to post this message.

I think we might need to do sine kind of upgrade.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            The mobile version of this website is so broken. This is the 4th time I've tried to post this message.

I think we might need to do sine kind of upgrade.
                            If I tried to fix sine to some, it would have deleted my post. So annoying.

Comment

Just thinking about this.

I'm off to Bonaire the first week of November, and then Cabo around Thanksgiving... my posting might be spotty during those times. Maybe I should sit out?
                              Sad face for going to Bonaire and Cabo???
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                                Sad face for going to Bonaire and Cabo???
                                rough life, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X