*** VD 10 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    ... also, it seems that sending a pick to Hacko means you are guaranteed to not get that pick.

#hackocurse is real.
    It started when he sent me McCormick and I stole him. Of course he finished 2nd or 3rd and I finished in the wrong half...
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I'm out for the evening, so I'll update the history thread tomorrow morning. The SS copy/paste section of the History thread is updated through Round 16.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        ... also, it seems that sending a pick to Hacko means you are guaranteed to not get that pick.

#hackocurse is real.
        Well to be honest Heye's pick was already taken before he sent it to me. That is more like the Nullnor dead cat curse - Johnny's pick might be because of me.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Hacko will be happy to pick once he's eaten his bag o' dicks. Might be a while....
          Actually - I have been eating my bag of dicks for a week now (surprising taste like Pig Balls) Last time I up dated my spread sheet was my Simmons pick but so Eld doesn't start shitting Whorebags - I just keep picking have no idea if they help me or not. Probably doesn't matter as My Pitching will soon bury me to the basement.

As always
          Eld go Fuck yourself and your little friend Frae too......

Comment

• OH I PM MJ

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
              OH I PM MJ

I don't get it.
              "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
              "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• In part because of the KOs and in part because we're only 12 players, this draft is running so much different to vd2. It's kind of unfortunate I didn't realize it sooner (and I should have) as part of my early strategy was to use the Ted Williams pick to protect myself from the weak hitting years. Outside of the 1870s, I really don't feel like any of the others have presented themselves as that soft. The weak pitching years, however, are an entirely different matter altogether. I feel like if I had picked even one or two of them earlier, I'd be in better shape.

I feel like the positions weren't nearly as scarce as well. There's something like 4 or 5 catchers that still need to be taken and I'd be fine with any of them.

I'd be interested in taking one of these deeper decades and doing a draft from the best of that decade. Or a best of 2000-present.

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
                  In part because of the KOs and in part because we're only 12 players, this draft is running so much different to vd2. It's kind of unfortunate I didn't realize it sooner (and I should have) as part of my early strategy was to use the Ted Williams pick to protect myself from the weak hitting years. Outside of the 1870s, I really don't feel like any of the others have presented themselves as that soft. The weak pitching years, however, are an entirely different matter altogether. I feel like if I had picked even one or two of them earlier, I'd be in better shape.

I feel like the positions weren't nearly as scarce as well. There's something like 4 or 5 catchers that still need to be taken and I'd be fine with any of them.

I'd be interested in taking one of these deeper decades and doing a draft from the best of that decade. Or a best of 2000-present.
                  Yeah, without the KO's and fewer players the pool seems much deeper. I really like KO's, I hate seeing a high value guy sticking around when I cant draft him.
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Hell, we could probably do a standard 14 hitters, 9 pitchers roster with the remaining players after we're done with this draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
                      Hell, we could probably do a standard 14 hitters, 9 pitchers roster with the remaining players after we're done with this draft.
                      that is a brilliant fucking suggestion.

(also see http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...l=1#post231785, so you're only 636 posts too late!)
                      Last edited by mjl; 11-18-2015, 11:31 PM.
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• I've also always liked the idea of a progressive decade draft. Not sure about one decade at a time as the best players cause an imbalance, but what about:

1870 -- 1900
                        1901 -- 1939
                        1940 -- 1969
                        1970 -- present

Something like that...

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                          I've also always liked the idea of a progressive decade draft. Not sure about one decade at a time as the best players cause an imbalance, but what about:

1870 -- 1900
                          1901 -- 1939
                          1940 -- 1969
                          1970 -- present

Something like that...
                          We did the 1870's-1920's and 1920's to 1970's drafts last year (2 years ago?). But we didn't finish the sequence.

We have a lot of options.

Comment

• I've got a guy called Spud on my team. I'm happy with any outcome now.

Comment

I'm having a really hard time even discerning who the favorites for this thing are. Pretty solid draft so far.
                              Well I thought you and Feral were favourites at this stage last draft. It's so hard to predict these days. Everyone knows what they are doing, and some strategies don't come into view until the later rounds.

Comment

Loving Feral Slasher's strategy. Way to go, homeboy.
                                Thanks, not sure I'm executing it very well. Screwed up a few times but hopefully I can gain some ground and finish respectably. And CJ is stealing my guys too ! I was pretty much set on drafting Benitez this round but decided to go with two hitters.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X