No announcement yet.

*** VD 10 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok. btw there were some bugs with the first run, so don't get too attached to it yet.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• I'm in long-form meeting hell this week, so it will be difficult to respond quickly when it's my turn to pick. PM me and I'll get there when I can. Between tomorrow and the 19th, I have exactly 2 office/computer days when I normally have 3-4 per week. This should be fun.
      "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
      "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
        I'm in long-form meeting hell this week, so it will be difficult to respond quickly when it's my turn to pick. PM me and I'll get there when I can. Between tomorrow and the 19th, I have exactly 2 office/computer days when I normally have 3-4 per week. This should be fun.
        I am just at end of my week of hell. Inventory should be wrapped up today. Worked from 2.30 am to 11 pm yesterday. After two 5 am to 10 pm days. I hate Halloween !!!

Plus I haven't look at this draft since my last pick until just now so I could use a slow pace draft at this time.
        Last edited by hacko; 11-02-2015, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• Headed underwater myself. Probably not around until tonight any way.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• The Sweet sweet taste of old Hacks Super season. A season that good you would expect better Career stats. If it happen now you would expect Peds. I haven't look him up - any reason for the Big year then meh????
            Last edited by hacko; 11-02-2015, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Unlike the others, I am ready to make timely picks and uphold the responsibility that I willingly accepted at the advent of this draft to the rest of you to not waste your time.
              I haven't been late yet - I am just shooting darts - I am just taking myself out of running for any snow ball chance of finishing anywhere near the top. I am now just going to play with myself (something people have said I am quite good at) and try some quirky method.

As always " eld EAT A BAG OF DICKS"

sincerely
              Hacko
              Last edited by hacko; 11-02-2015, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• PMed slasher 3 picks... if all three are taken in the next 3 picks, I quit

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  PMed slasher 3 picks... if all three are taken in the next 3 picks, I quit
                  Ummmm...those guys were all drafted already
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I exist, things are interesting at work (and possibly changing jobs), will pick in about an hour.
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Wait, who drafted ruth?

Comment

• ok, I'm happy with the condition of the sheets I made. CH.csv, CP.csv, BYH.csv, BYP.csv are the data sheets. CH and CP replace the current ones, BYH and BYP should be added to the end (or sorted into) the existing sheets.

caveats and complaints:
                        * You'll need to fill in the "taken" logic.
                        * There were a couple players where Lahman and thomasgeorge had different versions of their names, which was annoying.
                        * I spot-checked a handful of players and discovered that for some reason thomasgeorge thinks Jordan Zimmermann pitched an extra game this year compared to what bbref and ESPN think, but I just don't care enough to find another data source at this point. It's mostly right.
                        * The positional eligibility will not be accurate for anyone who gained new eligibility in 2015, and any players who played only in 2015 do not have any positional eligibility filled in.

Access Google Drive with a Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Comment

• Finally look at a spread sheet - was planning on really looking over and forming a plan - but fuck why start now - so to keep draft rolling made a Quick Yaz pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                            ok, I'm happy with the condition of the sheets I made. CH.csv, CP.csv, BYH.csv, BYP.csv are the data sheets. CH and CP replace the current ones, BYH and BYP should be added to the end (or sorted into) the existing sheets.

caveats and complaints:
                            * You'll need to fill in the "taken" logic.
                            * There were a couple players where Lahman and thomasgeorge had different versions of their names, which was annoying.
                            * I spot-checked a handful of players and discovered that for some reason thomasgeorge thinks Jordan Zimmermann pitched an extra game this year compared to what bbref and ESPN think, but I just don't care enough to find another data source at this point. It's mostly right.
                            * The positional eligibility will not be accurate for anyone who gained new eligibility in 2015, and any players who played only in 2015 do not have any positional eligibility filled in.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...ldXaENta0poa0E
                            The google drive link let's me download a LahmanCP.SQL file which doesn't contain any data. Any thoughts?
                            "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                            "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
                              The google drive link let's me download a LahmanCP.SQL file which doesn't contain any data. Any thoughts?
                              I recommend happy thoughts. Maybe throw in a happy little bush, or a friendly little tree. It's your painting, you can do whatever you want with it.

Too much Bob Ross.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                8.08 Craig biggio c ytf
                                johnny, I can trade him, but it won't be cheap. Marichal and your 10th?

Comment

Working...
                                X