Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Code:
    =COUNTA(C2:AC2)-stand!A4+IF(MAX(dec!C3:Q3)>1,5,0)+IF(MAX(dec!C21:Q21)>1,7,0)
    OK ... so what's wrong here.

C2:AC2 - Correct
    A4 = 0 (or blank)
    C3:Q3 = BY from Dec sheet ... if any cell is more than 1 then display/add 5 otherwise 0 (right?)
    C21:Q21 Car from Dec sheer ... if any cell is more than 1 then display/add 7 otherwise 0 (right?)

So a valid sheet is reading 3.97 (why is the base 3.97???????)
    An invalid Hitter is reading 8.97
    An invalid pitcher is reading 11.97
    Where are you getting 3.97 from? The result is quasi-irrelevant. The whole point of the formula is just to red flag an incorrect entry. The labels of what the error is can be considered immaterial.

The formulas are correct as you have them listed from what I can see.
    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
      Where are you getting 3.97 from? The result is quasi-irrelevant. The whole point of the formula is just to red flag an incorrect entry. The labels of what the error is can be considered immaterial.

The formulas are correct as you have them listed from what I can see.
      Something is messed up somewhere. The exact same formula, on different lines, with the same data, is delivering different results.

I'll post the sheet when I get home.

------

That is pretty much the only thing I can see that needs fixed on the sheet.

------

Now we just need to figure out what we are going to do with the 2015 Player stats. I think the best solution will be to find a sheet with the 2014 compete standings, and then just manually adjust if anyone should pick a best year from 2015 (I don't reckon there will be that many 2015 players selected).

Then we can update the sheet with the complete 2015 stats when the Lahman sheet is released.
      Last edited by johnnya24; 10-27-2015, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Congrats on the impending doom of a second child mjl. My girls are 8 and 3 - 5.5 years apart. Nothing is more brutal than waiting so long to have the second as your memories of all the rotten shit have evaporated. Makes you wonder why you ever thought it was a good idea to have one much less two. And then there are the majority of the moments when you realize it's completely worth it.
        Mine were only 21 months apart and I'd completely forgotten. Nature's way of tricking us into having more is my theory.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

And this is why I was so happy to get Ted Williams at the 4 pick...

Johnny, post the spreadsheet and I'll take a look at it. I have some minor skill with excel.

Congrats on the impending doom of a second child mjl. My girls are 8 and 3 - 5.5 years apart. Nothing is more brutal than waiting so long to have the second as your memories of all the rotten shit have evaporated. Makes you wonder why you ever thought it was a good idea to have one much less two. And then there are the majority of the moments when you realize it's completely worth it.
          Wait until the Teenage years - Mine 3 girls are 33,31,29. but I now have Grandkids - Girls 16,11,2 boys 13,7 - Boys are much easier but the Girls now in their 30's worry more about me then if they were Boys. They are always checking in on me - inviting me out....

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
            I emailed Heyelander a picture of a huge bag of dicks.
            Next time you can send him the real thing. (SFW)

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Next time you can send him the real thing. (SFW)

http://dicksbymail.com/
              this product will get your point across in a way that nobody will mistake.

A tasty gift? or just an funny reminder that someone should stuff it; leave the recipient guessing.
              wait, what?
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Can someone else be on PM / email reminder duty for a while? My fingers are tired from constantly reminding you d-bags to pick.
                But why - we are moving at supersonic Bag of Dick speed because you are manning the door. Keep up the good work!!!!!!!! fucker!!!

Comment

Can someone else be on PM / email reminder duty for a while? My fingers are tired from constantly reminding you d-bags to pick.
                  If everyone would do their job and just PM after they pick, this wouldn't be necessary. I know I always do.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    Something is messed up somewhere. The exact same formula, on different lines, with the same data, is delivering different results.

I'll post the sheet when I get home.

------

That is pretty much the only thing I can see that needs fixed on the sheet.

------

Now we just need to figure out what we are going to do with the 2015 Player stats. I think the best solution will be to find a sheet with the 2014 compete standings, and then just manually adjust if anyone should pick a best year from 2015 (I don't reckon there will be that many 2015 players selected).

Then we can update the sheet with the complete 2015 stats when the Lahman sheet is released.
                    Agreed. I'm not so concerned with BY 2015 stats, but the previous drafts have used players with CY updates through either 2011 or 2012. No reason everyone shouldn't be on the same playing field. It's mining the data for the right combo that makes the difference anyway.

Comment

If everyone would do their job and just PM after they pick, this wouldn't be necessary. I know I always do.
                      I feel this is aimed at me.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I have Mordecai Brown as the 6th best pitcher of all time, according to my own Career / BY combo rankings. Where do you guys rank him?
                        that is very close to what I have him if you exclude relievers
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I have Mordecai Brown as the 6th best pitcher of all time, according to my own Career / BY combo rankings. Where do you guys rank him?
                          I had him as the highest ranked pitcher remaining, and 7th overall:

Johnson
                          Mathewson
                          Walsh
                          Alexander
                          Radbourne
                          Young
                          Brown

Comment

• I had just talked myself into taking Yogi when Ed goes and takes him. Figures.

Oh well. I picked and emailed heye.

eta - Johnny, any word on getting the spreadsheet up? I'll track independently, but I'd rather not do all the formula adjustments separately if I don't have to.

Comment

I had just talked myself into taking Yogi when Ed goes and takes him. Figures.

Oh well. I picked and emailed heye.

eta - Johnny, any word on getting the spreadsheet up? I'll track independently, but I'd rather not do all the formula adjustments separately if I don't have to.
                              I'll trade him to you!

Comment

So we're all singing from the same hymnbook, I'll post the hitting and pitching stats sheets that need to be merged for the Career sheets. They contain all the pitching and hitting BY's from 1871 to 2014.

I will get rid of the non-eligible BY's for the BY sheet.

I also think it might be wise to shift away from baseball-reference when it comes to stat verification. It might be easier just to say that whatever is in latest Lahman sheet is gospel. I'm guessing any changes that the B-R boffins discover will eventually find their way to the Lahman sheet anyway.

2014 Pitching Complete

2014 Hitting Complete

If someone could merge the playerid's into a career sheet, that'd be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X