*** VD 10 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    I'll be home in around 30 minutes. I'll get the SS up tonight hopefully.
    I think we should wait until heye leaves on his first trip to get the SS out - so all his pick will be in the Blind.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
      I think we should wait until heye leaves on his first trip to get the SS out - so all his pick will be in the Blind.
      And that would be different how ?
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        And that would be different how ?
        Well a blind Pig gets lucky more then a picking heyelander!!!

Comment

• All the more reason to get me a SS.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Pick up Irishly. I'm thinking.0005172c-642.jpg
            "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
            "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Pick up. And not a moment too soon... I pm'd revo.

Comment

• Willie Mays at the end of the 2nd ... that seems like amazing value.

Comment

• VD First:

SLOW THE FUCK DOWN ... I'M NOT READY!

Comment

• Seriously. You guys need to pick a speed so I can plan accordingly.

P.S. I likely won't be able to pick again until after 8pm Eastern time tomorrow. Suck it.

Comment

• Spreadsheet Update

Almost complete. I just need to:

1. Fix the alert formula on the "Rounds" page ... if anyone has a VD2 SS, can you let me know

2. Update the complete player stats. I'll sort through that tomorrow ... have to reorganize the columns and delete the unnecessary data; then get rid of the all the non eligible years. I have a funny feeling that once I do that, the SS will be a bigger than before.

Also, does anyone know if the Lahman database shares the same data as BR.com when it comes to the updated stats to the older players?

Comment

• Lahman 2015 has not been released yet, well according to his website.

Also, 2014's stats were not uploaded until January 2015.

Didn't MJL say he had this already?

Comment

• no. I could download 2015 from somewhere else and merge it in though if it was worth the effort.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• I've got you on the alerts formula. Standby.

Comment

• Code:
                              =COUNTA(C5:AA5)-stand!AC3+IF(MAX(dec!C4:P4)>1,5,0)+IF(MAX(dec!C22:P22)>1,7,0)

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                                no. I could download 2015 from somewhere else and merge it in though if it was worth the effort.
                                Picking out the few BYs from 2015 shouldn't justify the time that would be put into it. Having the CY data updated with 2015 data would. Any way to make that happen?

Comment

Working...
                                X