*** VD 10 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    I've seen oakland bouncing around a bit... even participating in the nba draft. did he reply to the last round of invites?
    Yeah, sorry but I'm going to pass on the Vintage draft this time - the group is so good that it takes me too much work to be competitive. The NBA Draft isn't a mock draft, but a long-running keeper league, so I'm staying in that one. Thanks for asking.

Comment

• Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
      Yeah, sorry but I'm going to pass on the Vintage draft this time - the group is so good that it takes me too much work to be competitive. The NBA Draft isn't a mock draft, but a long-running keeper league, so I'm staying in that one. Thanks for asking.
      what about hacko... last draft aside, he sucks at this.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        what about hacko... last draft aside, he sucks at this.
        Esp in decades - I predict a low finish.

Comment

• Ok I am sorry, wasn't paying attention and then wasn't ready when Del and Chris messaged me. I'll pick sometime soon, thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
            Ok I am sorry, wasn't paying attention and then wasn't ready when Del and Chris messaged me. I'll pick sometime soon, thanks.
            What would you say to one of you students if they said that???? ��

Comment

• Whoops, no idea we started. Pick up soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                What would you say to one of you students if they said that???? ��
                I'd shrug and continue celebrating another year where I beat you and Wayne in PONY

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Is Heyelander out of town now? I seem to remember he was scuba diving somewhere or something.
                  nah... just working Hawaii hours now that I'm in CA.

Trips are:
                  Bonaire: Oct 31 - Nov 8
                  Los Cabos: Nov 23 - Nov 30
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Sorry guys ... been getting a few draft related things in order this while ... gimme a bit.

Edit: and paralyzed by indecision of course.
                    Last edited by johnnya24; 10-20-2015, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• I probably won't pick until tonight. I am pretty unprepared. Is there a new spreadsheet or should I use the last one?
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                        I probably won't pick until tonight. I am pretty unprepared. Is there a new spreadsheet or should I use the last one?
                        I'll link the VD2 History Thread ... that was the same format as this (except with KO's). I'm preparing the new SS now.

Where Jamie Quirk has more value than Buster Posey. It's RJ's own take on fantasy baseball -- Vintage Drafting.

Comment

• actually, eff it, I never get this guy so I'll take him and figure out what to do next later.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Why we wait for Garp a few notes about my pick: Stan The Man.
                            ***First player to play over 1000 games at 2 positions.
                            *** had 1815 hits at home and 1815 hits on the road.
                            *** at the time of his retirement he held 17 Major league records , 29 NL records and 9 All star records
                            ****since he hung them up only tony Gwynn has had a higher career batting Avg and only Hank Aaron has passed him as the "total base leader" - 6134 total bases.
                            *** first player ( there are only 2) to hit 5 HR in one day. 3 in one game - then 2 in the 2nd game.
                            *** got Gussie Busche to buy the team in 1953

The year I picked 1948 he:::
                            Was 1 rainout HR from winning the triple crown- he led the league that year in - runs, rbis,Avg,hits,doubles,triples,slugging %,- he won the batting title by 43 pt margin. Almost the perfect year

Comment

• I guess he was ok.
                              "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                              "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                                A-Rod seems like a top 5 pick to me in this format.
                                Me too It was hard to bypass 2007, but the twenty-teens are much scarcer.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X