Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
    We're gettin' old gents.

I am out - no time to crunch numbers like I used to (try).

Good luck all. Thanks for the invite johnny.

I was old when I first got in and work 60 to 70 hrs a week - no excuse - just get in

Comment

LFG

Need 2 people. Pick a list, randomize it, and PM it to me ... also make a post stating which list you have sent.

Name List:

Feral Slasher
      Revo
      Diablo
      Johnny
      Heyelander
      Frae
      Long John
      Controller J
      mjl
      Hacko
      DMT
      Pogues

Number list:

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
        Randomized list of names (including Garp) sent to Johnny. If someone would be so kind as to randomize the numbers 1-13 and PM it to Johnny....
        Done!
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Was playing Starcraft 2, lost track of time:

Draft Order

1 TS Garp
          2 Revo
          3 DMT
          4 Frae
          5 Pogues
          6 Heyelander
          7 Feral Slasher
          8 Hacko
          9 mjl
          10 Johnny
          11 Diablo
          12 Controller J
          13 Long John

Names (from Eld)

Heyelander
          Diablo
          Pogues
          Long John
          DMT
          Frae
          mjl
          Feral Slasher
          TS Garp
          Controller J
          Revo
          Johnny
          Hacko

Numbers (from DMT)

Comment

OK for Garp eh!

Comment

Ok so let's finalize the format and get a spreadsheet up and running. Are we up to date with current stats through 2014 season?
              I think there is an updated database with the latest stats that we can import. Does anyone remember what the database is called?

The finalized SS won't be available until the end of the first round when I'm sure how many participants are in the draft. If someone joined late, I'd have to rebuild the whole thing from scratch ... it's not like we need it for the first round anyway.

I'll provide a player list SS (hopefully with the updated stats), and hopefully get it updated with the latest numbers ASAP.

Edit: lahman database right?

Comment

Oh, I see you got it.
                Yeah got it ... will need to do a little formatting to make it fit in with the current SS, and I'll provide the compete player list SS tomorrow.

Comment

Have fun, fellas! I'll be reading the draft and comments thread.
                  I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                  You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                  "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                  It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Has Garp been around yet?

Meant to get the stats sorted yesterday, but got sidetracked by Prison Architect ... damn that's an addictive game.

First time I've bought a game from G2A ... $5.

Comment

I have a variety of old spreadsheets, by the way. Most have my own rankings formulas but I can scrub that off if we need some sort of spreadsheet template.
                      I have all the SS's on my dropbox ... and I have a clean player stats only SS ... but I want to update it with 2013 and 2014 stats before I post it ... in case someone downloads and forgets to update.

Comment

something something dark side something something something complete
                        "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                        "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

How we looking on this? When are we starting?
                          I'm on it right now ... I've been caught up the past 2 days, and didn't wanted to face a long session of copy pasta.

Comment

Hi all -- happy to be back in Vintage Draft land. Not sure how much I'll be checking the site itself so I'd be grateful if ElD or someone else could email me when I'm up.

Comment

The Lahman Database does not have IP as a pitching category ... WTF? What the hell is "IPouts"?

I've also had to manually calculate batting PA and BA.

Also looks like the Team ID formula has been changed, so that column is useless if we ever needed it.

Comment

... and of course, without IP, we can't calculate WHIP ...

Comment

Working...
                                X