X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm up for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      I vote for letters. How else are you gonna draft Yam Yaryan or Jamie Quirk?

(While I slightly prefer letters I'd have no issue with decades. Just stoked to get VD again.)
      slightly prefer letters also, but whatever is fine
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I was being a bit selfish with the Decades suggestion ... I think the SS for the last Decades draft is more up to date

... but, I'm gonna have to figure out how the damn thing works some time ... so letters is fine also.

Comment

Speaking of up to date - I gave away my laptop which had all my rankings in it. Not even sure of what method I used to rank them so I just be using my old collection of baseball cards and picking the players who look the best in their uniforms.

Comment

Two preferences for letters so far, so if no-one else expresses a preference for Decades before tomorrow evening (Tuesday), we'll go with Letters (Last Name), Multi +1 scoring.

Well do the draft order Wednesday night.

Start maybe Friday, so the first round goes over the weekend ... that way any stragglers can still join up (usual rule for late comers ... pick last in the 1st round, then randomly assigned from round 2 onwards).

This way we get this thing going, and still give the missing regs a chance to sign up.

Comment

pro letters here.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Letters is fine with me

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
                  Speaking of up to date - I gave away my laptop which had all my rankings in it. Not even sure of what method I used to rank them so I just be using my old collection of baseball cards and picking the players who look the best in their uniforms.
                  Otherwise known as the EZ Eagle draft method.
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I'd rather do decades but letters is fine too.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                      Otherwise known as the EZ Eagle draft method.
                      Never mind I stumble across some old stuff. Dummy Hoy is a first rounder - yes?????

Comment

We're gettin' old gents.

I am out - no time to crunch numbers like I used to (try).

Good luck all. Thanks for the invite johnny.

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                          We're gettin' old gents.

I am out - no time to crunch numbers like I used to (try).

Good luck all. Thanks for the invite johnny.
                          No worries.

We'll do the draft order tomorrow.

Comment

Looks like I have TS Garp's email from way back in '09. I sent him a message inviting him to this draft.

We only have 7 participants so far?
                            12 participants

Comment

Hmm, the first post only has 7 people listed as in (like Flynn).
                              I've been updating on the main Draft Thread

Where Jamie Quirk has more value than Buster Posey. It's RJ's own take on fantasy baseball -- Vintage Drafting.

Comment

Oh, good stuff! 12 is definitely enough to start. Maybe Garp will make a reappearance as well.
                                Yeah, I think 12-14 is the optimal number for a fast draft.

Comment

Working...
                                X