*** VD 9 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
    I think coming down the stretch would be a good time for a Johnny recap of the teams - that we missed out so far on. I have no clue on who is the favorite but it looks like it could be a wild finish.
    I've been doing so much tedious stuff this draft, and I still have the latest Vintage players to add.

I noticed early on that Feral was on the best strat, and then ElD hit an amazing value run in the middle to compliment his CP punt. But someone else could easily be in an even stronger position. I really haven't been paying as much attention to other teams ... I mean, I only realized last round that Hacko is on a similar strat to me.

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    "Early on I thought heyelander was trying a [strategy] but later picks of [shitty player] and [misguided choice] made early selections of [decent player] and [not completely terrible player] wasted picks. Once again he lost track of [multiple stat categories] and did not get enough quality stats early on. The choice of Hubble was an inspired one, and I can't believe he lasted as long as he did, but it will be too little, too late for another lost squad. I would be surprised if he can keep himself out of the basement."
    Nailed it

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Who did you think was amazing value that I got?
      Kelley and Jones in particular.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Kelley and Jones in particular.
        I was going to pick Kelley if he lasted 3 more picks. I had originally typed in Sisler/Speaker 3 picks before EL D. Couple others were great value picks too
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          I was going to pick Kelley if he lasted 3 more picks. I had originally typed in Sisler/Speaker 3 picks before EL D. Couple others were great value picks too
          3 rounds after he was picked? That's called optimism He was already one of the highest ranked players when Eld picked him.

Comment

3 rounds after he was picked? That's called optimism He was already one of the highest ranked players when Eld picked him.
            No --with my next pick which was 3 after EL d
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I think the only time I've ever been able to follow an actual strategy was during additive scoring and I went with a career hitting punt. I possibly finished top 5.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                No --with my next pick which was 3 after EL d
                Well yeah that makes more sense

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  I think the only time I've ever been able to follow an actual strategy was during additive scoring and I went with a career hitting punt. I possibly finished top 5.
                  This draft is multiplicative scoring again? Blah...I always hated that kind of scoring. Probably because I don't get it either.
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                    This draft is multiplicative scoring again? Blah...I always hated that kind of scoring. Probably because I don't get it either.
                    Multi Scoring (+1) ... +1 to every scoring category, which removes the 1 point for last place ... seems to be providing a reasonably balanced position between Multi and Additive.

Comment

• FYI, the scoring sheet needs to have the SUM calculation extended to the 15th hitter on many of the tabs.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        FYI, the scoring sheet needs to have the SUM calculation extended to the 15th hitter on many of the tabs.
                        Fixed. Thx.

EVERYONE SHOULD UPDATE THEIR SS

Comment

• I think some of the individual team tabs need a minor change as well in row hiding/unhiding - after the first three teams, most look like 14H/11P.
                          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                            I think some of the individual team tabs need a minor change as well in row hiding/unhiding - after the first three teams, most look like 14H/11P.
                            I'm assuming that's what Revo was referring to. Those should all be fixed now.

Comment

I'm assuming that's what Revo was referring to. Those should all be fixed now.
                              Oh sorry - I didn't notice that you fixed both the sum and the row hiding.
                              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• I think frae just took his 11th pitcher

Comment

Working...
                                X