*** VD 9 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Since you are clearly cheating in Idle Hands I should probably be suspicious of you as well
    that would explain a lot. No idea how I'm not in 12th in that league.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• DMT - were you planning on taking Lazzeri? I was torn between him and Lopes, but figured I needed to get one of them this round.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        DMT - were you planning on taking Lazzeri? I was torn between him and Lopes, but figured I needed to get one of them this round.
        I wasn't and I gambled that you were going to take him rather than Lopes. I would've considered Lazzeri if you'd taken Lopes but I had other options as well.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
          I wonder if I should have picked Lazzeri back at the previous turn. This draft got away from me when I left town and I still have no idea what I'm doing. Too bad, too, because I think I might have been able to make a run at winning this thing.
          I never try to predict what is going to happen, but it looks like a lot of people have a shot at this one. Don't think you are out of it, anyway it will be fun to see how it ends...
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Feral commented, but didn't pick.....

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Feral commented, but didn't pick.....
              I even PMed him for the first time all draft... probably screwed him up.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                I even PMed him for the first time all draft... probably screwed him up.
                It did. Actually had something to go to. I will pick in a bit if I can figure it out. Might be morning though
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• The Hubbell pick was a good one. I had him on my short list like 10 rounds ago. I always had a more critical need though.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I know I am up will pick soon

SO many choices - so many ways to fuck it up yikes.
                    Last edited by hacko; 09-12-2015, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• remaining positions (will update this at end of round, just getting it down now while I'm at the computer):

I know we only have one UT. People with more than one listed just have enough positional flexibility that they can shift around as needed. Also UT sometimes really means non-C, but I don't think DMT is going to take two more catchers and he could take one, so I'm not going to worry about it.

TS Garp: C, SS, UT
                      Revo: UT, UT
                      DMT: CI, UT, UT
                      Frae: 3x C/INF
                      Heye: INF, UT
                      Feral: C
                      Hacko: UT
                      MJL: UT
                      Johnny: UT
                      El Diablo: MI
                      Controller: UT
                      Long John: C, INF
                      Last edited by mjl; 09-14-2015, 10:01 AM.
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Shit's updated ... havin' a looky lou now.

Edit: I'll update any changes to vintage players tomorrow sometime.
                        Last edited by johnnya24; 09-12-2015, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                          remaining positions (will update this at end of round, just getting it down now while I'm at the computer):

I know we only have one UT. People with more than one listed just have enough positional flexibility that they can shift around as needed. Also UT sometimes really means non-C, but I don't think DMT is going to take two more catchers and he could take one, so I'm not going to worry about it.

TS Garp: C, SS, UT
                          Revo: UT, UT
                          DMT: CI, UT, UT
                          Frae: SS, 3x C/INF
                          Heye: C, INF, UT
                          Feral: C, UT
                          Hacko: UT, UT
                          MJL: UT, UT
                          Johnny: UT
                          El Diablo: MI
                          Controller: UT, UT
                          Long John: C, INF, UT
                          Here's what I have

TSG_ = C, SS, UT
                          REVO = INF/OF, UT
                          DMT_ = CI, OF, UT
                          FRAE = SS, ME, CI, INF
                          HEYE = C, INF, UT
                          FERE = C, UT
                          HACK = INF/OF, UT
                          MJL_ = INF/OF, UT
                          JA24 = UT
                          ELD_ = MI
                          CJ__ = INF/OF, UT
                          LJ__ = C, CI, UT

Comment

• DMT can have Lopes as either INF or the fifth OF.
                            LJ can have Ortiz 1B, Elliott 3B, Young CI.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• I think coming down the stretch would be a good time for a Johnny recap of the teams - that we missed out so far on. I have no clue on who is the favorite but it looks like it could be a wild finish.

Comment

• "Early on I thought heyelander was trying a [strategy] but later picks of [shitty player] and [misguided choice] made early selections of [decent player] and [not completely terrible player] wasted picks. Once again he lost track of [multiple stat categories] and did not get enough quality stats early on. The choice of Hubble was an inspired one, and I can't believe he lasted as long as he did, but it will be too little, too late for another lost squad. I would be surprised if he can keep himself out of the basement."

Comment

Working...
                                X