No announcement yet.

*** VD 9 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So hard to build any sort of strategy in a letters draft when you're at the end and there are so many picks before you're up again. I keep having a list of 6-8 guys I'm comfortable with and they're inevitably all gone when I'm up again.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
      So hard to build any sort of strategy in a letters draft when you're at the end and there are so many picks before you're up again. I keep having a list of 6-8 guys I'm comfortable with and they're inevitably all gone when I'm up again.
      yeah, I have short lists for each of the rare letters at this point with the theory that I'll take one of the guys I think are approximately equal once the others go, but so far that hasn't worked real well.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
        Man, this draft has slowed down over the last couple of rounds.

Sorry, couldn't let a Vintage Draft go by without complaining.
        Says the guy who leaves right before his picks...
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Even worse than rebuys, though, are the tourneys where the players with player cards that sat at the table for an hour before the tourney or whatever get more in chips than everyone else. Fuck that noise.
          Never heard of such a thing. that is terrible.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Had to leave the office early but I'll pick when I get home in the next 1-2 hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              Never heard of such a thing. that is terrible.
              That's pretty standard in AZ...so annoying. I haven't played in a tourney in at least 2 years, sadly. I had a crazy run too where I won about $8K over a 6-month period. Then I had kids.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Anyone got any good advice for catching mice? They are dodging my traps, and keeping me awake at night gnawing on the floorboards. Lack of sleep is making me feel less and less humane towards these little baskets.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                  Anyone got any good advice for catching mice? They are dodging my traps, and keeping me awake at night gnawing on the floorboards. Lack of sleep is making me feel less and less humane towards these little baskets.
                  Cat, trap placed inside a box, or sticky mouse paper. That's all I got
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I can offer nothing constructive to this conversation. I will be bombarded at work tomorrow and not likely in front of a computer most of the day. PM me when I'm and I'll pick while I can. While you wait, you can...
                    -wait for the Phillies to get good again
                    -ponder the existence of Not Your Father's Root Beer (seriously. wtf is that?!)
                    -Suck it

ETA - or you could really be useful and think of mice-catching suggestions for johnny.
                    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      Cat, trap placed inside a box, or sticky mouse paper. That's all I got
                      This mouse / mice is like nothing I've seen before. Seems to know every trap, doesn't seem to be scared by my presence.

Both neighbours have cats, and one side has kittens recently. I get the feeling it / they think my place is a sanctuary ...

Comment

• I have heard rumors that toothpaste is effective and if that doesn't work Squid's mom might be able to help you out.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                          Use peanut butter to catch them in traps. Mice are pretty common in the Southwest. Ours give us hantavirus.
                          They are resisting my chocolate snares. I'll give peanut butter a shot.

Will also try and kidnap one of the neighbours cats tomorrow.

Comment

• If you leave out just enough for one of them, they'll turn on each other, and then I assume the last one would die of grief.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              This mouse / mice is like nothing I've seen before. Seems to know every trap, doesn't seem to be scared by my presence.

Both neighbours have cats, and one side has kittens recently. I get the feeling it / they think my place is a sanctuary ...
                              sounds like a pet. you should just name it.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                                If you leave out just enough for one of them, they'll turn on each other, and then I assume the last one would die of grief.
                                how do you leave out just enough floorboards?

Comment

Working...
                                X