No announcement yet.

*** VD 9 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn those turn picks were fine ... so much value: Kelley & Jones | Waddell and Averill

Originally posted by Long John View Post
    I spent a good 90 mins agonizing over these picks, so i'm sure they're completely wrong. I need to eat dinner now. And definitely crack open a beer.
    Pap was a good pick, and synergized well with your previous picks. Probably Pap and Gagne was a bit much. With Urbina on board, I'm not sure you needed 2 more closers at this stage ... I'd have looked for a SP to back up Alexander. For instance, Pap and Waddell (who went the previous pick) would have been an amazing turn duo.

I also don't think you have enough career saves banked to justify the 3 closer investment. You will need to spend more there.
    Last edited by johnnya24; 08-27-2015, 04:49 AM.

Comment

• Yeah, I really don't like the Gagne pick now that I've had a chance to think about it. Should I change it or is it too late?
      "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
      "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
        Yeah, I really don't like the Gagne pick now that I've had a chance to think about it. Should I change it or is it too late?
        Nah, can't change after the draft moves on unless it was an illegal pick.

Gagne is a good pick in isolation. I think you have to make sure that you maximize value from those picks. Worst mistake you can make is to invest heavily in a category, then end up getting getting mediocre points in that category.

Comment

• I know. I think I worry about letters too much. I had planned to take one of a number of starters with that pick, but couldn't justify using another popular letter or a WC so early. Honestly it was nearly 8pm when I made my picks and I hadn't eaten dinner yet, so I ended up rushing through it. Bah.
          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Always happy to get 3B out of the way ...

Comment

• SPREADSHEET UPDATED

Fixes:

Scoring issue with LJ's Career Hitting and BY Hitting (set to additive not Multi)
              Made LJ's line visible on all pages

---------------

I updated the Snapshot page with some data that might be useful. I added:

Remaining OVEN, BCSMW players remaining per player (number only)
              Remaining Contemporary and Vintage players eligible for selection

Because the Pos sheet isn't working (I can't figure it out), I added a position list for each player. I'll manually update that each round. I'm not sure how useful this will be. Should make it easier to eyeball who has what position filled ... BUT REMEMBER that it isn't being updated "on the fly", and because it's inputed manually, there is scope for error, so you shouldn't take this data as gospel. Use it as a guide.

Grey = denotes that this position has been filled.
              Blue = denotes that a rostered player could possibly cover this slot.

Maybe one day Mike will grace us with his presence and magically fix the Pos sheet

Comment

• Thanks for all your work.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  That was a strong consideration for me when I picked Chipper. For some reason, I always overlook 3B and always end up scrambling to grab someone. 3B just is not as deep as I usually think it is.
                  Yeah I hate 3B. With the wrong letter combo late in the draft, it can be as bad as a 2B or SS slot.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    Sure, maybe if you live in some fancy place where 9.11 doesn't follow 10.2.
                    I don't have to count I am betwixt too smert peeples

Comment

• I can't remember ... did we always play with the INF slot?

Comment

• sorry, my dad is over helping me drop a sink in. Give me a bit to look at picks.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          sorry, my dad is over helping me drop a sink in. Give me a bit to look at picks.
                          Shouldn't take long ... you have 115 players to choose from.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            zing!
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              The fact that the positions tab is still fucked up is making things take longer.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Valverde already taken.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X