No announcement yet.

*** VD 9 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those following the VD3 order religiously ... be aware that lots of good players went undrafted in that draft because there were only 9 players ... just sayin'.

Comment

• oh, yeah, I see that now. hey, it was 3am and I was just trying to speed thing along. Also, I think Latham was a serious reach where he was drafted.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Let me update things, and then I'll aggravate myself with yet another pick designed to pull myself out of a hole, but which in reality is just making the hole deeper.

Also, I hope we all have our plans in order to derail Feral Slasher's team.
        Well MJL is trying to poach my players....
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Also, I hope we all have our plans in order to derail Feral Slasher's team.
          not that I know anything about anything, but LJ is currently in second with one fewer player and having taken 2 QUIZY's, and Feral has taken 0 QUIZY's. Are you focusing on the correct threat?
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
            not that I know anything about anything, but LJ is currently in second with one fewer player and having taken 2 QUIZY's, and Feral has taken 0 QUIZY's. Are you focusing on the correct threat?
            Standings at this stage are fairly meaningless. LJ has a nice team, but his scoring is artificially inflated by his lack of pitchers. He's top 3 in the 4 ratio categories all because of Pete Alexander.

Feral has 5 pitchers, and yet he has better ratio numbers, and he has an unchallenged hitter strat. I would say he's a pretty strong favourite at this stage.

I'm aiming for Top 3 at best ... highly doubt I can win.

Comment

• I know I'm up ... these will be the key picks for me in this draft ... need a bit of time.

Comment

Standings at this stage are fairly meaningless. LJ has a nice team, but his scoring is artificially inflated by his lack of pitchers. He's top 3 in the 4 ratio categories all because of Pete Alexander.

Feral has 5 pitchers, and yet he has better ratio numbers, and he has an unchallenged hitter strat. I would say he's a pretty strong favourite at this stage.

I'm aiming for Top 3 at best ... highly doubt I can win.
                I've noticed that teams with more early pitchers tend to get a bump in the standings as the draft moves along. I guess just because they tend to draft strong pitchers early so they do well in pitching and then catch up some in hitting. As far as the favorite, it's still early and I never really have much success is predicting these things. There are some good looking teams out there and a long way to go. Glad we got this going again it's fun....and torturous. I was cruising thru the picks until this last round, really struggled making the last pick. Wanted Morgan, but there are about 10 other guys I really want too that won't be around long.
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                  ...said the shop teacher
                  Quality post right there.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    I gotta say, Ibanez was a stellar pick. With the extra stats he's compiled since the old days he was a steal this late. The fact that he hadn't been picked was all the more glaring since I already took an I so long ago.
                    Yea I had targeted Koji and Raul with their added stats some bad letters were helped in the couple years we took off. Wonder how a decade draft would be like?

Comment

• I spent a good 90 mins agonizing over these picks, so i'm sure they're completely wrong. I need to eat dinner now. And definitely crack open a beer.
                      "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                      "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                        Looking things over the QUIZY's may take a big toll on my score. I hate QUIZY's. I still think this thing is wide open. I should check how my FF team was autodrafted
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I was strongly considering Chipper. I think I regret my decision not to take him.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            Looking things over the QUIZY's may take a big toll on my score. I hate QUIZY's. I still think this thing is wide open. I should check how my FF team was autodrafted
                            actually should not have looked. Quite possibly the worst collection of talent I've ever seen. Or Maybe I know nothing about football. Or maybe both
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              actually should not have looked. Quite possibly the worst collection of talent I've ever seen. Or Maybe I know nothing about football. Or maybe both
                              Think you'll have a worse finish than in Idle Hands?
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                Think you'll have a worse finish than in Idle Hands?
                                Ouch !! I think we all know that is not possible.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X