No announcement yet.

*** VD 9 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I picked and PMd CJ. Hard to resist the allure of Willie Mays and had to knock off a QUIZY with Urbina.

Also, johnny, the Pick tab on the dropbox spreadsheet does not have my picks from rd 1/2.
    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
      I picked and PMd CJ. Hard to resist the allure of Willie Mays and had to knock off a QUIZY with Urbina.

Also, johnny, the Pick tab on the dropbox spreadsheet does not have my picks from rd 1/2.
      So is there a spreadsheet out there we are working off of ?
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Almost done with the Speadsheet ...

VD9 SCORING SHEET

Because I am logged in as the user, I cannot see if there is a download link along with the "preview" ... if not please let me know.

I know this goes without saying, but please don't make any changes on the "preview" section ... only to the local copy you save onto your PC.

This should create a direct download link:

DIRECT LINK?

Let me know if you can download that OK, or if you see any problems.

The permanent link to the updated SS will be in the first post of the Draft Thread. I will also start a History Thread so you can copy paste Spreadsheet picks to keep you SS updated.
        Not that the standings matter at this point, but it looks like hi ERA and WHIP get you more points, at least in the career pitching. Didn't check BY
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          Not that the standings matter at this point, but it looks like hi ERA and WHIP get you more points, at least in the career pitching. Didn't check BY
          OK let me check ... could be that some players haven't selected a pitcher yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Seems like I always take Delahanty. Nice pick.
            Robinson was a hasty pick that I instantly regretted when I saw Delahanty was still available. I was convinced your or CJ would nab him.

Still not completely happy ... Delahanty and a pitcher would have been a better combo, but with Robinson and Yount's innings on board, I really needed a "Delahanty" to offset that (and keep Foxx's value up). Delahanty and pitcher would have set me up nicely for whatever strat I wanted.

Comment

• Updated Mariano Rivera's Career Stats

Code:
              1283.2    998    315    286    1173    82    1115    652    2.21    1.000    58

Comment

• HISTORY THREAD up and running if you need to keep your SS updated.

Comment

• I'll be out all day today ... so no updates etc. Don't think it will matter. History thread updated through current pick.

Going to see Deerhoof tonight ... and my favourite drummer Greg Saunier ... the human manifestation of Animal from The Muppets

Diablo will love this I'm sure Kappa (no embed in sub forums)

Last edited by johnnya24; 08-20-2015, 08:33 AM.

Comment

I am really regretting my Isringhausen pick. Awesome value at that spot but a really poor fit for my team. I'm starting to feel concerned that I have tanked this draft already.

I had another player typed in but erased it an put in Izzy instead. I bet that other player goes within the next couple picks.
                    Certainly a more interesting team than most, and you're well placed to pick up value in strong letters in the mid game. But I'd be a little wary of Radbourne's BY WHIP ... it's deceptively average ... nearly 700 IP of bog standard WHIP is not easy to manage especially when one of your anchor picks is not contributing to your team total ... in fact he's weighing it down.
                    Last edited by johnnya24; 08-20-2015, 08:52 AM.

Comment

His WHIP alone would put me near the top (.92 is normally a top third WHIP) but I agree that it's not so epic that I can ride it through waves of bad players. I actually have two strategies planned out for my pitching, depending on how the draft goes. I'm not that worried about pitching right at this moment, particularly since my usual strength is to get awesome ratios at the expense of the counting stats. Honestly, I think Radbourn's career numbers are his weakness. They're pretty good but not really first round good. You're paying for the amazing BY Ks and Wins and ERA when you pick Old Hoss early.

That all said, I should have picked someone else instead of him. I had Christy Mathewson primed to go since I didn't notice he got picked so early and just picked another pitcher on instinct once I had to repick. Another big problem with picking Radbourn was that it effectively removed me from picking Mariano Rivera who has incredible value with the added years' worth of stats. Rivera probably should be a second rounder now.
                      I probably took Mathwqson too early. Still have no idea about my plan for this draft. Kinda regret bonds too.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• A little pre-mature drafting on Frae's Part??????

Comment

• Heye - will make his pick as soon as he gets back from the Dentist. For real LOL

Eld is rolling today in the Sports Bar
                          Last edited by hacko; 08-20-2015, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• Sorry, went to sleep last night with a migraine and woke up with it still raging this morning. Quick pick before I go to the dentist... then hopefully I can eat and take some more meds.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Van Haltren was my other consideration when I took Wagner. I don't exactly have a plan here, just vague memories that when I did this before I felt like I spent too much effort making sure I got "value" out of the bad letters or decades and didn't actually get enough good players in the stronger parts of the draft.
                              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Seriously, you took Perry? God damn it, now I have to look at all this crap again.

Comment

Working...
                                X