Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap NL Keepers. Cheap for a reason.

NL-only 12 teams 5x5.

Our rules call for Winter Keepers due in a couple weeks.

I still have another opportunity to cut if needed right before the auction so if I keep someone now, they don't have to be on my predraft team.

For now, I can keep five of these guys and need to throw back five of these guys. As you can see, I've cornered the market on scrubby 2B.

C Wil Nieves Phi $1
    C Chris Stewart Pit $1
    2B Phil Gosselin Atl $4
    2B Matt Duffy SF $3
    2B Danny Espinosa Was $1
    2B Derek Dietrich Mia $1
    OF David Peralta Ari $1
    OF Kyle Parker Col $1
    SP Nate Eovaldi Mia $1
    SP Dan Haren LA $5

Peralta, Eovaldi are definites. Gosselin is by far the most likely of those to have a starting job next year so I'd be inclined to keep him. Haren was a bit of a disappointment and he's currently unsigned, I think; if he was going back to the Dodgers I'd keep him but there are a lot of NL teams where I wouldn't be excited (and a bunch of AL teams of course).

I'd probably go Peralta, Eovaldi, Gosselin, and Dietrich and Parker because they have at least a chance of being relevant, but I wouldn't object to keeping Haren over Parker since the Colorado lineup looks pretty crowded, especially if all of their outfielders are healthy (lol) - Morneau is back, there's at least a chance that they decide to keep McKenry around because he hit well in limited at bats and push Rosario to 1B occasionally, etc. Actually I may have talked myself into Haren here.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Nieves and Stewart out first because both will go for a buck (and no more even if they got more playing time, which might be a bad thing).
      I'd cut Duffy, too. Then it gets tougher. I almost like Parker the least, but a buck and Colorado....

Dietrich my 4th cut, then

so I'd dump Gosselin in a steel-cage showdown with Espinosa (no reason to keep 2 2B like this), but it's CLOSE

so I'd keep
      2B Danny Espinosa Was $1
      OF David Peralta Ari $1
      OF Kyle Parker Col $1
      SP Nate Eovaldi Mia $1
      SP Dan Haren LA $5
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        Nieves and Stewart out first because both will go for a buck (and no more even if they got more playing time, which might be a bad thing).
        I'd cut Duffy, too. Then it gets tougher. I almost like Parker the least, but a buck and Colorado....

Dietrich my 4th cut, then

so I'd dump Gosselin in a steel-cage showdown with Espinosa (no reason to keep 2 2B like this), but it's CLOSE

so I'd keep
        2B Danny Espinosa Was $1
        OF David Peralta Ari $1
        OF Kyle Parker Col $1
        SP Nate Eovaldi Mia $1
        SP Dan Haren LA $5
        As much as I like Espinosa, or at least the potential he showed two weeks ago, if you keep him you're betting on Zimmerman not being able to play third any more and a team in perennial playoff contention deciding to start the season with a 2B who had a 74 OPS+ and struck out in a third of his at bats without the power to justify it.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Haren's option kicked in so he'll most likely be back with the Dodgers (I think he can decline it, but I doubt he will). I'd go

Peralta
          Eovaldi
          Haren
          Gosselin (did he usurp La Stella at 2B and no one told me?)
          Parker

Comment

oh, didn't know Haren had an option. I'd definitely keep him then. Gosselin started almost every game in September and was basically equally as mediocre. Not sure about their relative defense. They again kind of fall into the same category as Espinosa for me; I'd be surprised if the Braves went into next season with either of them as the primary option, but it could happen.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
              Haren's option kicked in so he'll most likely be back with the Dodgers (I think he can decline it, but I doubt he will). I'd go

Peralta
              Eovaldi
              Haren
              Gosselin (did he usurp La Stella at 2B and no one told me?)
              Parker
              I agree with this.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
              X