No announcement yet.

Arizona 1B Post Opening Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't Paul Goldschmidt a revised version of Russell Branyon?
    2021 Auction Anatomy
    2021 Keeper Decisions
    2020 Auction Anatomy
    2020 Pre-Auction
    2015 Auction Anatomy
    2014 Auction Anatomy
    2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
    RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Perhaps. Or a revised version of Ryan Howard. Time will tell but he's the kind of gamble I like to make with minor leaguers rather than the "toolsy" guys who don't produce.
      Might as well post this here and stop annoying Jason with my daily update:

Goldschmidt's stat line entering today's game: .340/.474/.726, 12 homers, 32 RBIs, 3 SB in 106 ABs. In case you were wondering, he jacked #13 today in a 1-4 performance.

Comment

Brandon Allen sure did vanish. I thought he was a guy who needed a change of scenery when he was in Chicago. Now he REALLY needs a change of scenery.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          It's getting very hard for me to contain my man love for Goldschmidt.

Perhaps best of all so far in his stellar Double A performance is his super awesome 19 Ks versus 28 BBs. If he develops a solid batting eye to go along with that prodigious power, look out world.
          Yeah, I've got a huge man crush on Goldschmidt too. Between him and Eric Surkamp (51 Ks in 32 2/3 innings), part of me is having more fun monitoring my minor leaguers than my active fantasy roster.

Comment

The Diamondbacks released Branyan tonight, so Miranda and Nady will be platooning at 1B. Miranda is up to a very respectable .253/.371/.427 now.

It wouldn't be a surprise to see Wily Mo Pena called up to provide some power off the bench, now that Branyan is gone. The last two on the bench right now are Sean Burroughs, who is up temporarily for Melvin Mora (bereavement leave) and Josh Wilson. The rest of the bench is Wille Bloomquist, Nady/Miranda, Mora/Roberts, and Henry Blanco. Since Bloomquist is available as the backup SS, Pena could be called up to replace Wilson.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
              The Diamondbacks released Branyan tonight, so Miranda and Nady will be platooning at 1B. Miranda is up to a very respectable .253/.371/.427 now.

It wouldn't be a surprise to see Wily Mo Pena called up to provide some power off the bench, now that Branyan is gone. The last two on the bench right now are Sean Burroughs, who is up temporarily for Melvin Mora (bereavement leave) and Josh Wilson. The rest of the bench is Wille Bloomquist, Nady/Miranda, Mora/Roberts, and Henry Blanco. Since Bloomquist is available as the backup SS, Pena could be called up to replace Wilson.
              I guess they've completely given up on Brandon Allen. Last I checked he was having a very good start to the year, but there he sits wasting away looking as if the D-Backs are pretty certain he's nothing more than a AAAA player.

Comment

fyi, Branyan went for 19 units in my NL 12-team 5x5 post-apocalyptic auction last month...
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                  I guess they've completely given up on Brandon Allen. Last I checked he was having a very good start to the year, but there he sits wasting away looking as if the D-Backs are pretty certain he's nothing more than a AAAA player.
                  Well, releasing Branyan means that Allen is next on the depth chart now.

Yes, he is hitting well at Reno (.956 OPS), but everyone is hitting well there this year. Apparently the Year of the Pitcher didn't extend to the Minor Leagues - Wily Mo Pena (1.224), Sean Burroughs (1.006), Cole Gillespie (1.006), Andy Tracy (.972), Josh Wilson (.968), Collin Cowgill (.950), Cody Ransom (.920), David Winfree (.880). As a team, Reno is hitting .319/.392/.541 for a .933 OPS.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
                    Well, releasing Branyan means that Allen is next on the depth chart now.

Yes, he is hitting well at Reno (.956 OPS), but everyone is hitting well there this year. Apparently the Year of the Pitcher didn't extend to the Minor Leagues - Wily Mo Pena (1.224), Sean Burroughs (1.006), Cole Gillespie (1.006), Andy Tracy (.972), Josh Wilson (.968), Collin Cowgill (.950), Cody Ransom (.920), David Winfree (.880). As a team, Reno is hitting .319/.392/.541 for a .933 OPS.
                    Geeze! Are they scoring 10plus per game?

BTW I drafted Branyon for $7 thinking I would get cheap power. I guess that didn't work out. He should end up somewhere. Some possibilities might be Indians with Hafner out and several injuries. Angels with Wells out and Kendricks hamstring. Nats with Laroche hurting.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                      Geeze! Are they scoring 10plus per game?

BTW I drafted Branyon for $7 thinking I would get cheap power. I guess that didn't work out. He should end up somewhere. Some possibilities might be Indians with Hafner out and several injuries. Angels with Wells out and Kendricks hamstring. Nats with Laroche hurting.
                      They've scored 319 runs in 45 games, which is a bit over seven runs/game.

I hear you on Branyan. I didn't buy him, but I spent $9 on Cust, who hit his first HR of the season tonight.
                      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                      -- William James

Comment

Miranda was in the original lineup against LHP De La Rosa today, but was just scratched because of a hand injury from an HBP on Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                        X