Official Postseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Postseason Discussion Thread

hmmmm......that was a poor choice of a pitching change......

I turned on the game just as the Royals were coming up to bat. I missed the rest of the game because of work.

Royals fans...you're welcome.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

This game is amazing.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Wow....just WOW
        Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

That's one of the best games I've ever seen.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

This reminds me of 1985. The Royals were down 3-1 in both series and 5-0 (off Saberhagen) in an elimination game.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Wish I had seen the whole game...missed most the A's work early on, especially from Moss.
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Great line in the postgame radio show, "This game started in September and ended in October."

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                  This reminds me of 1985. The Royals were down 3-1 in both series and 5-0 (off Saberhagen) in an elimination game.

J
                  yes, against the Blue Jays here in Toronto, I know cause I was at that game ...
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Good lord that was so painful to watch. It showed the difference in the 2012 A's and the 2014 A's -- in 2012 I had faith they'd find a way to win. This year I just knew they'd find a way to lose. Dammit.

Comment

Ok it is about to get real here again in Pittsburgh! Come on boys, let's get a win tonight!

Comment

Kent Tekulve underwent a heart transplant just a month ago!

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                          Pirates lying down like lambs. Not the greatest game for them.
                          Yeah, the whole stadium would rather be somewhere else!

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Pirates lying down like lambs. Not the greatest game for them.
                            Pirates forced to walk the plank. Where's your sense of symbolism?

Comment

good night to be an o's fan!
                              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
                              X