Making Comps (2015 early edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Comps (2015 early edition)

Any interest helping me on this? In my local league (points league, unique scoring and $$$) I have a slew of good keeper options. Would you guys help me set prices on these players using standard roto dollars? (I'll then convert to my custom league so I can use it in trade negotiations)

What do you think these guys will go for in 2015?

Kole Calhoun
    Nelson Cruz
    Adam Eaton
    Jonathan Lucroy
    Todd Frazier
    Xander Boagaerts
    Yoenis Cespedes
    Pablo Sandoval
    Freddie Freeman
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Too early, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
      Too early, eh?
      Yeah, maybe a little too early.

That said, I can offer some of my thoughts on the situations I feel I know well.

Lucroy- Expect to pay top-dollar. He is the best catcher in fantasy and his numbers back up his great surface stats.
      Frazier- Again, stock is rising. All you need are two guys in the league who thinks he can build on the last three years, and his salary could go into the high-30s. Easy.
      Cespedes- Stock is falling. I would bet he goes for less than he did last year, if only by a few bucks.
      Sandoval- He sure looks like he's slipping, but I'm not so sure. There were times when he was really swinging and times when his defense looked plus, but there were also times when he looked completely lost and swinging at hornets.
      Freeman- A test season coming up. 18 homers with a .386 OBP is certainly worthy, but for a 1B, I think most of us want more. Expect him to produce more of the same. I think the prices will vary wildly from league to league. Two believers in one league and he's easily 30+. In a league where everyone is hoping for a bigger bat, he'll go cheaper. My advice is this: If you really like Freeman and you want him on your team throw him out ASAP, when there are many other good 1B left. People will not go beyond bargain prices if they think they can spend on the big dog. If you wait, you'll get caught in a bidding war with someone who may not even like him but feels he's the best that is left. He'll pay through the nose to land him and be disappointed, and it will suck for you because it's the guy you wanted. Throw him out when everyone will have other options (and lots of money), and you'll land him for a reasonable price. Especially in an OBP league.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
        Any interest helping me on this? In my local league (points league, unique scoring and $$$) I have a slew of good keeper options. Would you guys help me set prices on these players using standard roto dollars? (I'll then convert to my custom league so I can use it in trade negotiations)

What do you think these guys will go for in 2015?

Kole Calhoun 18
        Nelson Cruz 25
        Adam Eaton 1
        Jonathan Lucroy 20 if two catchers
        Todd Frazier 25
        Xander Boagaerts 5
        Yoenis Cespedes 25
        Pablo Sandoval 18
        Freddie Freeman 27
        For 12 team...5x5.. early guesses??

But leagues are so varied when it comes to bidding, so this might be close to pricing for one league and not close for another league.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Thanks boys really appreciate the early calibration.

Comment

Working...
          X