Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 162: which playoff-bound stars could be rested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 162: which playoff-bound stars could be rested?

Obviously all wildcard teams have Monday to rest -- and division winners an even longer break -- but do you see anyone sitting their best players tomorrow? Or will it be pretty much biz as usual? DET, KC, PIT, STL and OAK/SEA all still have their playoff fates/seasons on the line.

Related: any top/key players on NON-playoff teams you see just bagging the final day of the season? Probably not, these guys are pros & will play out the string unless injured, but still...
    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
    1B-Cron
    2B- Villar
    SS- Andrus
    3B-Baez
    MI-L. Gurriel
    CI- Y.Gurriel
    OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
    UTIL- Benintendi
    BENCH: Pence, Dyson
    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
    RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
    IL: Buxton

Both Hanley and Dee Gordon got hurt in tonight's game - Gordon looked like he pulled something running to first, Hanley fouled one off his knee - and I wouldn't be surprised if they're both out tomorrow.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Does DET hold the tiebreaker over KC? I guess not, otherwise DET would have already been declared the division winner. I was thinking Price might not pitch. CBS is showing Bumgarner going tmw but he's presumably already scheduled for the wild card game.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

When they added the wild-card game, they got rid of tiebreakers per se; they'll have to play a game 163 to decide it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_L...on_or_wildcard).

Bumgarner is definitely not pitching Sunday, it's some AAA guy. Already been announced, CBS hasn't picked it up though.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I assume all 3 Games 163s would count in fantasy regular season standings. if there are TWO in AL, could really turn things upside down in some leagues

C Heston starting for Giants, no kidding
          Padres look to pry a win from his "cold, dead fingers"
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            I assume all 3 Games 163s would count in fantasy regular season standings. if there are TWO in AL, could really turn things upside down in some leagues
            Yes, this happened last year with the Rays and the Rangers. I dropped non-keeper studs and snagged a bunch of lower level Rays/Rangers who were on waivers at the time (Yunel, Moreland, Fuld, Gentry, Loney, DeJesus, Delmon Young e.g.) -- and I already had Longoria -- and they all added some stats to help me move up a notch or two in standings. Do NOT sleep on these play-in games.

C- J.McCann
            1B-Cron
            2B- Villar
            SS- Andrus
            3B-Baez
            MI-L. Gurriel
            CI- Y.Gurriel
            UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

Brantley out for Cleveland, ending an awesome breakout season.. MLBLineups @mlblineups · 12m 9/28 @Indians lineup vs TB Shuck LF Ramiresz SS Chisenhall 3B Santana DH Murphy RF Aguilar 1B Walters 2B Perez C Holt CF House P

Tigers going full tilt obviously: MLBLineups @mlblineups · 11m 9/28 @tigers lineup vs MIN Kinsler 2B Hunter RF Cabrera 1B V-Mart DH J.D. Martinez LF Avila C Castellanos 3B Romine SS Carrera CF Price P

As expected, Billy Hamilton shut down.

Altuve sitting.

Carlos Gomez sitting.

Last edited by Msaint; 09-28-2014, 10:22 AM.

C- J.McCann
              1B-Cron
              2B- Villar
              SS- Andrus
              3B-Baez
              MI-L. Gurriel
              CI- Y.Gurriel
              UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                When they added the wild-card game, they got rid of tiebreakers per se; they'll have to play a game 163 to decide it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_L...on_or_wildcard).
                ah, didnt know that.
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                  Carlos Gomez sitting.
                  WTF! I need him to play!!

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                    WTF! I need him to play!!
                    ONE CHANGE: Altuve IS IN! Talked his way into lineup.

C- J.McCann
                    1B-Cron
                    2B- Villar
                    SS- Andrus
                    3B-Baez
                    MI-L. Gurriel
                    CI- Y.Gurriel
                    UTIL- Benintendi