No announcement yet.

Jeter's LAst Game In NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm going to throw up it was such a Disney-esque type ending. Now we get to hear about this for the next few days.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
      I think I'm going to throw up it was such a Disney-esque type ending. Now we get to hear about this for the next few days.
      I'm not a big fan of the player or the team. But Jeter has had a great career and i do appreciate baseball history whether my team wins or not. Jeter and his fans deserve one last moment of glory. He's earned it. It's good for all of baseball to have moments like these to look back on.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        I'm not a big fan of the player or the team. But Jeter has had a great career and i do appreciate baseball history whether my team wins or not. Jeter and his fans deserve one last moment of glory. He's earned it. It's good for all of baseball to have moments like these to look back on.
        Gee thanks Walt!
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

All I could do was laugh as the whole thing started to unfold. Two HR's in the top of the 9th to extend the game. Some guy I still don't know gets on base to allow for a sac bunt. First pitch lined into right and now I was laughing out loud and thinking if you wrote this everyone would roll their eyes. I certainly don't love the Yankees, but that was a cool moment for the fans to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post

Gee thanks Walt!
            Sorry Howard, not all posts can be shocking, controversial, and cause for debate.
            Last edited by madducks; 09-26-2014, 09:55 AM.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Know what my eight year old turned to me and said after the screaming had died down after the hit?

"It couldn't have ended any other way, Dad."

Instantly my favorite baseball memory ever.
              "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

c'mon, better than the "white guy" moment?

that story has to rank behind only the pot roast saga in RJ lore, all-time

congrats on making a genius call to attend that game. #priceless
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                  Know what my eight year old turned to me and said after the screaming had died down after the hit?

"It couldn't have ended any other way, Dad."

Instantly my favorite baseball memory ever.
                  funny - my fifteen year old said exactly the same thing. neither he nor i are yankees fans, but i do respect jeter, and i thought it was a fitting end. too bad it had to be against my beloved O's though - who will now be highlight reel material forever because of it...
                  "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
                  X