Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeter's LAst Game In NYC

Anybody else going?
    "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Heard it might rain tomorrow. Hopefully it wouldn't be enough to cancel the game.

Comment

Yeah, especially since I'm coaching all weekend back here in Virginia, lol. Would be a sneaky way to get his last game be a home game, I guess, if they made it up on Monday.
      "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Steady rain all day until around midnight. The Yanks don't appear to have contingency plans to play on Monday (and I'm sure the O's would balk anyway), so it's either today or never.

Comment

Yeah I don't see the Orioles agreeing to a meaningless (in the standings) makeup game and potentially damage their playoff chances. Too bad, Jeter's been on a bit of roll lately, too.

Comment

Guys on Dan Patrick called MLB and they said no makeup unless it is needed for playoff races. Apparently the decision to cancel or not will be up to MLB, not the umpires on the field. Show up but expect to stay a few hours while they try to get the game in.

Comment

I guess I'll post this here. No need for a new thread. I think there are some amazing stats here.

In just a few days, his wheel will stop spinning. His No. 2 will vanish into Monument Park. And the incredible numbers on Derek Jeter's stat sheet will freeze in time.
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

30 pct chance of rain in The Bronx tonite at 5 pm
                then 45 pct, 55 pct (game time), 50 pct, 20, 20, 30, 30, 30 - that's hourly pcts thru 1 am

so I'm saying there's a chance....
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

If it stays like it is now - light, constant drizzle - they'll probably play through it. Sun keeps popping in every now and then - so maybe they'll still get it in.

Comment

wow, forecast for 7 pm tipoff is ZERO pct chance of rain now, and maybe little to no rain until 10 p.m. Now I'm a little afraid of Jeter.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      wow, forecast for 7 pm tipoff is ZERO pct chance of rain now, and maybe little to no rain until 10 p.m. Now I'm a little afraid of Jeter.
                      Intangibles are mighty.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

The all time leader in intangibles just padded his total.

Comment

Well, you really couldn't have written that any better.

Comment

that. was. spectacular.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

This was only Jeter's 7th walkoff hit in his illustrious career, and his first in 7.5 years. Crazy.

Comment

Working...
                              X