2015 Closers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Closers

Anybody venture to guess on the Detroit and Toronto bullpens? I'm guessing the Tigers pick up the Soria option and he might just supplant Nathan regardless of the money he is owed in 2015. Haven't seen many Detroit games this year to actually watch and see what is causing Nathan to suck so badly..just old??

I'm guessing Toronto lets Janssen walk..but does he really have the stuff anymore to close. That k/9 is ugly.

Toronto: Morrow or Soria
    Detroit: Papelbon

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Does Joe Smith get a chance at a full time job with the Angels...or anywhere?
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

McGee the closer for TB in 2015?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
          Does Joe Smith get a chance at a full time job with the Angels...or anywhere?
          Considering the Angels' turnaround after acquiring Street, won't they try to re-sign him?
          Last edited by DMT; 09-23-2014, 07:50 PM.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I don't see Detroit chasing another old, expensive closer after the Nathan debacle. I suspect that they'll let Nathan and Soria fight for the job in spring training.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Considering the Angels' turnaround once after acquiring Street, won't they try to re-sign him?
              They've got a club option for 7 million, so it's pretty much a done deal.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

April or July?
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                  Toronto: Morrow or Soria
                  Detroit: Papelbon
                  and if you want to play the long odds I might put a marker on Sanchez. They want him in the rotation but he has looked really good coming in for one inning stints.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    McGee the closer for TB in 2015?
                    Maddon says he's going to use a committee next year. Still, McGee is the guy to own.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

update on the Jays: most end of season articles I've read up here are suggesting Cecil to close next year barring any free agent signings (the Jays still have Loup as the loogy).
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                      X