Lack of power number in MLB...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of power number in MLB...

Unless Nelson Cruz hits one more HR there won't be a 40 HR player this year (Stanton would have probably made it).

How much does this lack of power affect your strategy going into next season? Do you see it continuing?

I have Jose Bautista at $37 (budget is $300) and am seriously considering keeping him given that he is pretty much a lock for 35 HR and 100 rbi and the number of players you can counton for that type of production is pretty slim.

Thoughts?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

I probably would keep him,, but I'm not risk averse to keeping high buck players. I've won some titles that way, and probably lost a few as well...but it's a strategy that I like to use. Worse case scenario, you have a fine trade chip if you fall out of contention.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Power is becoming what water was in Waterworld.

This is why I LOVED Chris Carter this year, despite his flaws.

Bautista has been worth $32 in a 12 team mixed 5x5 format this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        Power is becoming what water was in Waterworld.

This is why I LOVED Chris Carter this year, despite his flaws.

Bautista has been worth $32 in a 12 team mixed 5x5 format this year.
        Would he be worth more in a 14 team mixed?
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          Would he be worth more in a 14 team mixed?
          Yes, $34

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            Yes, $34
            Thanks! and since my league has a budget of $300 he would be worth about $39 in my league.

But will he stay healthy two years in a row??

Comment

Probably not, but on average nobody will, and I don't think he's more of an injury risk than average...
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I would keep him at $37.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  I would keep him at $37.
                  In a 14-teamer, $300 league, I'd keep Bautista in a minute. Even his "bad" recent years due to injuries aren't power disasters.

I have him at $30 in the equivalent of a 10-team AL only with OBP and SLG replacing BA and HR, and I'm keeping him.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                  X