Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final week dilemma

10 team AL 4x4

Team was dead last after 9 weeks. Through a LOT of roster manipulation, managed to pull back into contention and actually took a league LEAD this past Friday. After today's (Sunday) games, I'm in 3rd place, 3.5 out of first. I lost 1.5pts in SBs today - there are 4 points clustered within 2 bags of each other. I also lost a point in RBI today, and AVG has been very tight as well.

Transactions are virtually done, but since NYY actually put Prado on the DL, I have an open slot to fill. So basically, it boils down to the hot player - Jake Marisnick, or the building block for next year - Rusney Castillo. Castillo had a SB today, so he also has immediate value. But what do you think of their relative values for next season? Either would be at $10 for 2015. If this season were of no consideration, I'd go with Castillo.
    Rusney Castillo $10
    0%
    Jake Marisnick $10
    0%

The poll is expired.

One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Flags fly forever. I think Marisnick will steal more ROS. He's no slouch for next year, either. Should steal 40 if he plays every day.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

As much as I like Rusney for next year, I would go with Marisnick as well
      I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
      You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
      "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
      It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Jake has been doing good work with our hitting coaches John Mallee and Ralph Dickenson on making adjustments to his swing to drive the ball for power. It's been fun to see the hard work pay off in the last three games with key extra-base hits that were just smashed to the pull field.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

castillo has a higher ceiling. i'd guess you can get marisnick for below that at auction next year, but castillo will go higher.
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

The lineup is riddled with CBS "red crosses" - Ellsbury/Pearce/Prado/Pedroia/Bogaerts/Walters. And now Mauer a scratch, and Eaton out for "private family matter". UGH!

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Turned out the last place team was laying in the weeds with a DL slot, and got Castillo. I wound up with Marisnick. A half a day's worth of nervous deliberating for nothing...

Thanks for the responses, though! Go 'stros!

Current Lineup:

Comment

Working...
              X