Holliday appendectomy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holliday appendectomy

Wow. As if the Cards needed something else going wrong for them.

who replaces him? i'd have thought john jay, but CBS says they project allen craig?
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Unf&#&#king believable
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

The team did not set out a timetable for Holliday's return, but in general, recovery time is generally 4 to 6 weeks before any "strenuous activity" can begin.

Comment

I hope this is an April Fool's joke.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            I hope this is an April Fool's joke.
            I doubt the Dispatch would pull a stunt like this.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I think Craig will end up with more PAs overall, but they'll both get some. Craig was going to share time with Berkman in RF.

Comment

I was hoping for an April Fools joke also, but it's showed up on mlb.com and ESPN so I doubt it.

At least I only have him in one of my two leagues that's already drafted and I got the news four hours before having to lock him in as a keeper in my last league... ugh.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Cardinals GM John Mozeliak said of Matt Holliday's appendectomy that doctors "got it early" and it's possible the outfielder could miss only "six or seven days."
                  It's an overly optimistic projection, and the GM admits that he's really not sure yet how long Holliday will be out. "We'll make a determination. It could be something like six or seven days, it could be more," Mozeliak said. "We don't know at this point. We certainly will know more later." Even in a best-case scenario, Holliday figures to land on the disabled list. Adron Chambers is an option to be summoned from Triple-A, while Jon Jay and Allen Craig will receive the starts in left field.
                  Related: Jon Jay, Allen Craig
                  Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch
                  Apr 1, 3:05 PM

Comment

Doh!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X