• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
    Joe Montana 1076 yds, 16 td

OH YEAH!
    that's insane.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• how do folks get their pitchers more than 4 games in league play? see screenshot below. there must be an exploit or something?
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• after he starts a game, they move him to the bullpen until his next start. possibly combining that with moving a reliever or bad pitcher to the other spots in the rotation, maximizing the number of bullpen innings.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
          after he starts a game, they move him to the bullpen until his next start. possibly combining that with moving a reliever or bad pitcher to the other spots in the rotation, maximizing the number of bullpen innings.
          ahh - i hadn't considered trying that. thanks.
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• FYI, I found a few loopholes:

- most of you may know that you can see your competition in Legend Leagues via the mobile app, whereas you can't see them on the website.

- I hadn't realized that the Pennants rotation reflects your actual rotation. Not exactly sure why. In any case, wait to use your best starter in a pennant game, then move the rest of your starters to the bullpen (assuming they're better than your starters). Your W% rate jumps tremendously.

- when you go to your daily draft using the mobile app (only), sometimes it "jams" and you can actually draft twice. Draft, quick click to something else, then go back to the draft. Most of the time it doesn't work, but I got double the legend coins about 10x this way.

- although you're only supposed to get the #1 overall pick when you win a league, if you finish second, use the mobile app to try and trade up and you'll see that you indeed can pay 300 RPs for the #1 overall pick.

I'm surprised that these glitches exist, which makes for really sloppy work by the developers - considering many of these glitches have been around for over a year. The 2014 Football app is nearly unusable since it can't correctly calculate a W% - it always spits out 45%.

Comment

• I am at a crossroads. I have Deion Sanders who has maxed out for SB and has 7k hits. I figure it's time to kick him to the curb because he will only gain in one category (hits). I could get Willie Wilson in today's draft. That would give me the SB guy I need and with his speed he may get to 1800 SB reasonably quick. Is that a correct assumption and the way to handle it? I so not want to get into the habit of constantly getting new players because then it will take even longer to hit milestones but in this case I think it's predent to move on from Sanders.
              Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
              Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

• Originally posted by Vecmizer View Post
                I am at a crossroads. I have Deion Sanders who has maxed out for SB and has 7k hits. I figure it's time to kick him to the curb because he will only gain in one category (hits). I could get Willie Wilson in today's draft. That would give me the SB guy I need and with his speed he may get to 1800 SB reasonably quick. Is that a correct assumption and the way to handle it? I so not want to get into the habit of constantly getting new players because then it will take even longer to hit milestones but in this case I think it's predent to move on from Sanders.
                What level are you at? SBs are tough to come by, even at legend levels, but even at a .30 SB/game clip, it'll still take 5000 games or so. By that time, you would have almost certainly replaced him, so I guess my answer is not to worry, all your non-legends will ultimately be replaced to make you more competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  What level are you at? SBs are tough to come by, even at legend levels, but even at a .30 SB/game clip, it'll still take 5000 games or so. By that time, you would have almost certainly replaced him, so I guess my answer is not to worry, all your non-legends will ultimately be replaced to make you more competitive.
                  Level 37
                  With SB tough to come by I figure Wilson is the correct move.
                  Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
                  Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Working...
                  X