Trade Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Advice

I'm in a 12 team 5x5 h2h league and I've been offered an interesting deal...Bumgarner, Porcello, Jake McGee and Chipper for Hellickson, Bud Norris, Leo Nunez and Moreland. I have Feliz and Thornton at closer w/ Nunez as 3rd closer on my bench. I've also got 3 first basemen (Votto, Kila and Moreland) so Moreland is either my corner/DH or on my bench. I do not have a backup 3b.

Do I make this move? Should i renegotiate Moreland into Kila or Colvin? Any other ideas?

All help is appreciate.
    -ajwseven

I'd do that deal. I like Bumgarner a lot - even more so if it's a keeper league.

Chipper will be very productive for you in a H2H format while he's healthy - and some of the risk is negated in H2H anyway. I think you might be getting the best player in the deal and definitely the most upside.

Comment

I would NOT do it. I like Bumgarner a bit better than Hellboy but that's about it. I really don't like Porcello. Best case for McGee is that he equals Nunez. I prefer Moreland to Chipper but it's close.

Bumgarner > Hellboy
      Porcello << Norris
      McGee << Nunez
      Chipper ~ Moreland

Comment

What if we take Norris/Porcello out? How does Moreland rank with Kila and Colvin?

Comment

Originally posted by ajwseven View Post
          What if we take Norris/Porcello out? How does Moreland rank with Kila and Colvin?
          I'd like that better for you. How do keepers work? If you're keeping like 15 guys with no salary then McGee could be a keeper and it's a better deal for you. I like Moreland more than Kila. I think he's about even with Colvin. Bumgarner/McGee/Chipper for Hellboy, Nunez, Kila would be a much better deal for you. Not sure if he'd still do that though. I assume he's hedging against McGee taking 5 months to become the closer.

Comment

Working...
          X