Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giancarlos Stanton taken off the field on a stretcher (9-11-14)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giancarlos Stanton taken off the field on a stretcher (9-11-14)

Hit in the face by a Mike Fiers pitch. Just heard it on the Pirates TV broadcast. Hope he is ok.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Oops put an extra "s" in the name. Supposed to be Giancarlo.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Reports now coming from Milwaukee that the umpires have lost control of the game there tonight. Not sure what exactly that means.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

man what a joke....Fiers hits Stanton in the face, taken out on a stretcher and the idiot umpire calls it a foul ball. Then Reed Johnson takes the next pitch off the hand and they call that a foul ball too. Casey McGehee goes apeshit and literally goes after the umpire, benches clear, McGehee gets tossed. Redmond then takes over going after the umpire and gets tossed too.

Stanton is probably done for the year. easily a concussion. Probably a broken jaw too.
        Last edited by Pauly; 09-11-2014, 10:04 PM.

Comment

here's a vine of the HBP: https://vine.co/v/OaupxpK5w0u

Comment

Holy hell! That is painful to watch. Probably a broken cheek bone and some teeth. The only good thing is that it looks like the pitch just barely missed his eye.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Wow. I hope he's okay.

I'm not. I have Stanton in 4 of my 5 leagues and I'm in the money in all of them. Crunch.

Comment

Hate to say it, but the umpire was correct in calling that a swing. I know Stanton's a free-swinger but what the hell was he doing even offering at that pitch?

That being said, I hope he's okay - that looked like it hurt like hell and he's one of the more exciting players to watch in baseball these days.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                  Hate to say it, but the umpire was correct in calling that a swing. I know Stanton's a free-swinger but what the hell was he doing even offering at that pitch?
                  I think it is a Steve Irwin situation. You put yourself in a dangerous spot 10,000 times, and something is bound to happen flukey. Your brain is not going to react the way you expect just one time in the split second you have. Your instinct will tell you duck 9999 out of 10000, but every once in awhile, your signals get crossed and you swing instead. And you take one in the face.

Comment

Curt Schilling said last night on ESPN that you can tell that Stanton is not used to getting pitched inside just by how he reacted to the pitch.
                    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                      Curt Schilling said last night on ESPN that you can tell that Stanton is not used to getting pitched inside just by how he reacted to the pitch.
                      He's destroyed pitches on the inner half this season, but it was like he never saw that baseball last night. He reacted to it like it was coming from Chapman rather than a soft-tosser like Fiers.

Comment

Working...
                      X