Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen Craig..what happened??

Man did he fall from grace this year.

Hitting .104 since the trade to the Red Sox! Yikes....

Bounce back candidate or career over???
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

FWIW

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I'd buy him on the cheap, and I DO think that the injuries to his foot have impacted his game greatly. I doubt that he even notices if he's compensating for the pain by altering his mechanics, but I'd guess that's what happened. Unless his vision has degraded over the past couple of years, that's about the only logical conclusion to the dramatic dropoff.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Sporer stopped posting here, so his MLB boyfriend slumped....
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Craig is currently available in my keeper league, so I can pick him up for a salary of $3 next year.

Thing is, I look at him, and see a player who had a late start to his career in the majors, and is now 30. I know, 30 isn't that old, but still it's not as if other players haven't had a late start and been really good for a few years. It scares me that Craig might be like that.

But his BA...how does a .300 hitter suddenly become garbage? LIKE BOOM!

I feel as if I should grab him and see how he's doing next spring, but finding a spot for him could be a bit difficult. I make room for him, right?
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

His foot issues have messed him up. He can't plant & turn consistently on inside pitches so he gets beat inside on stuff.

Comment

If you're not giving up someone who you love, yeah, I'd take him. If he's healthy he's worth way more than $3.
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                If you're not giving up someone who you love, yeah, I'd take him. If he's healthy he's worth way more than $3.
                Bonafacio...so that answer is no, I'm not.
                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                X