early keeper consideration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early keeper consideration

12-team mixed, can keep 6; also have three minor leaguers that can be kept year-to-year but you can't get new ones during the season. Salaries go up $5/yr, minor leaguer salaries don't go up unless you activated them.

options:
    Jhonny Peralta $6
    Carter $6
    BHamilton $7
    Cespedes $17
    Pollock $6
    Chapman $15
    Kluber $8
    Ventura $6
    OTaveras $1
    Harvey $6

will also have KBryant in minors if that affects anything.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

So you get to keep 6 plus 3 minor league players? Or are they included in the 6?

Comment

I'd rank them like this
      BHamilton $7
      Kluber $8
      Cespedes $17
      OTaveras $1
      Ventura $6
      Chapman $15
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Carter $6
      Jhonny Peralta $6
      Harvey $6
      Pollock $6

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        So you get to keep 6 plus 3 minor league players? Or are they included in the 6?
        Plus 3, but my three for this year were Bryant, Hamilton, and Taveras (whom I haven't activated), so Hamilton and Taveras will have to be kept as major leaguers next year unless Taveras starts the year in the minors.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

This is who I would keep in no particular order. I could not keep a 17 Cesepedes over a $6 Harvey or a $1 Taveras.
          BHamilton $7
          Kluber $8
          OTaveras $1
          Chapman $15
          Carter $6
          Harvey $6

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
            I'd rank them like this
            BHamilton $7
            Kluber $8
            Cespedes $17
            OTaveras $1
            Ventura $6
            Chapman $15
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Carter $6
            Jhonny Peralta $6
            Harvey $6
            Pollock $6
            I am not really sold on Tavares. I would give serious consideration to keeping Carter instead of Tavares.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              This is who I would keep in no particular order. I could not keep a 17 Cesepedes over a $6 Harvey or a $1 Taveras.
              BHamilton $7
              Kluber $8
              OTaveras $1
              Chapman $15
              Carter $6
              Harvey $6
              Agreed.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Agreed.
                I understand the love for Taveras, but why keep an unproven, though potentially very good player over a player like Carter who has proven that he can mash with the best of them...and might be getting better???
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  I understand the love for Taveras, but why keep an unproven, though potentially very good player over a player like Carter who has proven that he can mash with the best of them...and might be getting better???
                  Part of it would be risk/reward for me. In a 12 team mixed league, replacement level is pretty high at 1b. I'd risk tossing carter back at $6 to keep a $1 Taveras, because I know I can get a good 1bman cheap in a 12 team mixed. That said, I might keep Carter over Ventura, as the others have indicated already. SPs are also easy to come by in a 12 teamer, and Ventura's walks scare me a bit.

Comment

We included Carter.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

We included Carter.
                      Oops..sorry...

Comment

Because he's a 0.240 hitter, and Pedro Alvarez is in the same universe.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Carter $6
                          BHamilton $7
                          Chapman $15
                          Kluber $8
                          Ventura $6
                          Harvey $6

I switched out the last slot a lot...but this is who'd I keep...now. Ask me tomorrow, I'd switch.
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I agree that the final slot comes down to Taveras or Ventura but I'll take the hitter + $5.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

I agree that the final slot comes down to Taveras or Ventura but I'll take the hitter + $5.
                              Yep. And the $1 Taveras should also have very good trade value if you have have cold feet. Given the inexpensive nature of this keeper list, I might see what kind of at value stud I could get for him. I also have no problem at all keeping him if I wouldn't find the right deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X