Last day moves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last day moves

16 team keeper league. I've won this twice and want to go for three in 2015. Given the following, is that realistic?

SP Carlos Carrasco Cle
    SP Zack Wheeler NYM
    SP Noah Syndergaard NYM
    SP José Fernández Mia
    SP Matt Harvey NYM

Last keeper, one of:
    SP Drew Pomeranz Oak
    SP Robert Stephenson Cin
    3B Jake Lamb Ari
    SS J.P. Crawford Phil
    RP Héctor Rondón ChC
    RP Santiago Casilla SF

Farm:
    SP Lucas Giolito Was
    SP Carlos Rodon CWS

I have only two picks in the first 250, roughly #110 and #140. No RP unless I drop one of the first four or keep Rondon or Casilla. Historically, RP are under drafted and SP are over drafted.

I can make one move before midnight Saturday, dropping Pomeranz, Stephenson, Lamb or Crawford. If I keep a hitter, there is a good chance he needs to play. Given September call ups and players finding their game, is there anyone I should look to pick up?

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 09-06-2014, 01:27 AM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

I am not sure I am completely understanding the question. Of the players you have listed, I would drop Stephenson. This not that I don't like him, just less than the others.

This is the part that is confusing:

If I keep a hitter, there is a good chance he needs to play. Given September call ups and players finding their game, is there anyone I should look to pick up?

I don't understand the first statements?

Then you follow that up with a question. Are you asking if you should drop one of the players (I picked Stephenson) to pick up someone? Or would you need to drop an additional player in order to pick up another player? Also looking at your players I have to assume that most of the good rookies are on a roster. I do not see how we could answer that without knowing the player pool.

If I had to cut one off your roster it would be Stephenson. I doubt there are any players in the pool that I would cut him for. But I wouldn't know without seeing the player pool list.

Comment

I have 6 keeper SP. Pretty much this is ALL I will have in 2015, except for WW.

SP Carlos Carrasco Cle
      SP Zack Wheeler NYM
      SP Noah Syndergaard NYM
      SP José Fernández Mia
      SP Matt Harvey NYM
      SP Lucas Giolito Was
      SP Carlos Rodon CWS

Which one of these would you keep, given the above?

SP Drew Pomeranz Oak
      SP Robert Stephenson Cin
      3B Jake Lamb Ari
      SS J.P. Crawford Phil
      RP Héctor Rondón ChC
      RP Santiago Casilla SF

If I keep Lamb or Crawford, they will likely fill my MI or CI spot in 2015. If there are any WW possibilities to check for, tomorrow is the last day.

J
      Last edited by onejayhawk; 09-06-2014, 01:27 AM.
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

It would be nice to keep someone on offense, but I don't see how you cut Rondon? He has been to good. Any chance of trade?

Comment

I have one of the three best returning offenses. If the pitching is good enough, I should make a run at another title. I will not be able to draft significant additions. If I keep Rondon, I could draft a SP3. I could draft a decent closer with same pick.

The question is, is the pitching good enough?

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Ah, the trees were blocking the view of the forest.

Too many questions to feel real comfortable. If all goes perfect you win in a cake walk. But that is asking a lot.

Comment

Working...
            X