10 Team NL 4X4 Reserve Draft Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Team NL 4X4 Reserve Draft Question

Brandon Belt will not be auctioned and I have the first pick in the reserve draft. Are there any impact minor leaguers I should be targeting with that pick or just take best available non drafted player? Basically it doesn't look like there are any impact NL minor leaguers this year. Anybody got any names for me?

Thanks

Mike Minor
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

It is hard not to go with Belt. He helps this year.

If it is a keeper league I would still consider Belt but Harper is a temptation depending on my keeper list.

Comment

You did say Belt is will NOT be in the auction.

Comment

Sorry, meant belt will be auctioned since he broke camp with the giants...

We are standard roto, keeper with 5 dollar extensions per year after the second year. You think Harper can be up next year? Would he be worth protecting next year at 10 dollars? Our league generally favors hitters to pitchers, and with Minor, I feel he is better for a 5X5 league...

Comment

Harper is only 18. I hqve a hard time believing he breaks camp with the Nats in 2k12.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by metman View Post
              Sorry, meant belt will be auctioned since he broke camp with the giants...

We are standard roto, keeper with 5 dollar extensions per year after the second year. You think Harper can be up next year? Would he be worth protecting next year at 10 dollars? Our league generally favors hitters to pitchers, and with Minor, I feel he is better for a 5X5 league...
              Yes he is worth it. I do think he will be up next year.

Is Domonic Brown available. He will be up this year. He has a broken bone and is still about 5-6 weeks away.

I actually like Julio Teheran better than Minor for a pitching prospect. I would still take Harper over the pitchers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                Harper is only 18. I hqve a hard time believing he breaks camp with the Nats in 2k12.
                Agreed, but it depends on the league rules. If Harper can be taken and then stashed into next year without it costing much (such as him being treated as active next year or losing your first rounder), Harper is your man. It's not like the Nats are stocked with quality OF blocking his path, and they need draw to sell tickets every day, not just every 5th with Strasberg. It is not unreasonable to assume he'll be a Nat come June of '12.

Comment

Jordan Lyles is worth a look for sure. He should definitely be up at some point

Comment

I would still go with Minor. I just can't see Harper contributing significantly next year. Minor will be up this year and should have a rotation spot locked down next year too. Unless you can get Domonic Brown ... I'd take him over Minor.

Comment

Working...
                    X