Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any significant 2014 September call ups, post them here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any significant 2014 September call ups, post them here...

Sleepers, role stealers and guys to stash for 2015 can be posted here for those that are eyeing the future in keeper leagues...
    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

I assume Soler is gone-

Castillo - once he gets added to the system
    double check to see if AJ Pollock was dropped.

Maikel Franco 3b philly

Comment

Is Franco up, Swamp? I was looking for guys who have been called up in case I miss them or if there is a potential role change for a guy called up. Like Terdoslavich got called up for ATL... good pop but blocked by Freeman at 1b and in the ATL OF...

A guy I like in CLE is Jesus Aguilar (if he wan't snapped up already in previous AL call up earlier this season). He could be cheap pop in CLE depending on Santana and Swisher
      I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
      You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
      "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
      It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
        Is Franco up, Swamp?

Comment

Spangenburg for Padres. Auditioning for 2B or 3B. 2011 1st rounder - high average speedster.

Comment

Joc Pederson got called up today.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Joc Pederson got called up today.
              Barring injury, he isn't expected to play much. Is that just posturing?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                Is Franco up, Swamp? I was looking for guys who have been called up in case I miss them or if there is a potential role change for a guy called up. Like Terdoslavich got called up for ATL... good pop but blocked by Freeman at 1b and in the ATL OF...

A guy I like in CLE is Jesus Aguilar (if he wan't snapped up already in previous AL call up earlier this season). He could be cheap pop in CLE depending on Santana and Swisher
                He's a FA in my AL league. I have $1 left in FAAB. Is he worth a flier? I could keep him for 2015. I can only gain ground in RBI, AVG, SB so his power doesn't really help me this year. I have a deep bench so I don't need to save that $1.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Dilson Herrera came up a few days ago, but he looks intriguing. age 20, hit a HR today, announcer Ron Darling said swing reminds him of Edgar Renteria. but Murphy may be back soon. still, Mets could retool in the offseason...
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Will Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez start any games or will he stay as a reliever?

Comment

Nick Tropeano is a guy to keep an eye on for the future.

And, like revo, a Stony Brook alum.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        Nick Tropeano is a guy to keep an eye on for the future.

And, like revo, a Stony Brook alum.
                        I was just coming here to post that!! It's crazy to me that there are THREE Stony Brook alums in the majors right now!! I'm rooting for him!

Comment

I was just coming here to post that!! It's crazy to me that there are THREE Stony Brook alums in the majors right now!! I'm rooting for him!
                          Oddly enough, though I've seen probably 100 or more different pitchers in our system, I don't think I've ever seen Trope throw (other than on video). So I am looking forward to seeing him here in Houston. I wanna see that changeup in person.
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                            Oddly enough, though I've seen probably 100 or more different pitchers in our system, I don't think I've ever seen Trope throw (other than on video). So I am looking forward to seeing him here in Houston. I wanna see that changeup in person.
                            And you guys drafted another SBU player in Brandon McNitt this past draft, and he's killed it at Tri-City.

Comment

And you guys drafted another SBU player in Brandon McNitt this past draft, and he's killed it at Tri-City.
                              Yeah, he's done great for a 27th-round pick and an undersized guy. Our area scout Bobby St. Pierre really liked him.

Comment

Working...
                              X