Something Wrong with Felix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something Wrong with Felix?

Three poor starts for him in a row. Big playoff match up for me next week. I traded the farm to get him, but should I bench him next week in favor or Lance Lynn, who may end up with two starts? 16 team mixed league. Felix was supposed to have two starts next week himself, but he got bumped back a few days to make Friday's start, because of hip issues, so maybe it is worse than initially thought?

Lynn is projected for a Monday start on espn, but that is likely wrong, because no one has a projected started for Saturday's 8:15 Cards Cubs game, and I figure Sunday's starter will, and Lynn will get moved to Sunday eventually. But even if Lynn only gets one start, is he safer at this point than Felix for next week?

There has to be some injury, i guess the hip is bothering him.
    Last edited by Mithrandir; 08-30-2014, 10:14 AM.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Three poor starts for him in a row. Big playoff match up for me next week. I traded the farm to get him, but should I bench him next week in favor or Lance Lynn, who may end up with two starts? 16 team mixed league. Felix was supposed to have two starts next week himself, but he got bumped back a few days to make Friday's start, because of hip issues, so maybe it is worse than initially thought?

Lynn is projected for a Monday start on espn, but that is likely wrong, because no one has a projected started for Saturday's 8:15 Cards Cubs game, and I figure Sunday's starter will, and Lynn will get moved to Sunday eventually. But even if Lynn only gets one start, is he safer at this point than Felix for next week?
      I'd only consider his last start poor. Couldnt you start both of them?
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
        I'd only consider his last start poor. Couldnt you start both of them?
        His previous start was mediocre by Felix standards..wasn't horrible by any stretch.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I am loaded with pitching. I have Scherzer, lester, kluber, Hamels, and Lynn along with holland , Jansen, and ,McGee at RP. Lynn is the one I ususually sit. But if Felix is even a little off I think I should sit him instead of the others, right?

My pitching leads the league far and away but my hitting is mediocre. I need my pitching to dominate. I'm worried Felix isn't quite Felix right now.
          Last edited by Sour Masher; 08-30-2014, 11:44 AM.

Comment

if Felix is even a little off I think I should sit him instead of the others, right?
            Yes. Lynn is a reliable replacement.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Hmm...maybe I should bench Scherzer instead. His next start is against Cleveland. They have owned him for some reason this season. Thoughts? Which 5 SPs would you start next week out of

Kluber (2 starts)
              Hamels (2 starts)
              Lynn (2 starts)
              Jon Lester
              Felix Hernandez
              Max Scherzer
              Ian Kennedy

Comment

You have a nice pitching problem. None of those should sit in any fantasy format. You said you have to dominate pitching from here on out. That means all of the two start pitchers (especially these) must be trusted and started. That leaves 4. I am not sitting Lester.

Of the last three I really wouldn't want to sit any of them. But it is a pretty easy choice for me. I am sitting Kennedy if it were my team.

Comment

I have to sit 2 of the 7. So one of Felix, lester, Scherzer must sit.

Comment

This is my semi-finals against a hated rival. The semis are just one week, so flukey. Our finals are two weeks, and I will face a much inferior opponent, if I make it past this week. So, basically, this week decides if I am champion or not. Any advice on who to sit between felix, lester, or scherzer is much appreciated. Do I sit Felix, because he may not be 100%? Do I sit Lester who faces Felix this week? Do I sit Scherzer, because he has been shelled by Cleveland, and starting both Felix and Lester likely ensures at least one W out of that game?

Also, with Holland throwing a lot recently, and rumblings of them resting him, should I sit him for McGee?

Comment

I would sit Felix because of the likely injury he has. No other reason.

Keep Holland active. Saves are a crapshoot anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        I would sit Felix because of the likely injury he has. No other reason.

Keep Holland active. Saves are a crapshoot anyway.
                        Thanks....now I have another tough call with Carlos Gomez. Tweaked his wrist, doubtful for Monday. I can shift folks to get David Wright, Miguel Montero or Chris Taylor in the line up in place of Gomez, but I am thinking even if Gomez misses a game or two, he is better than those three, right?
                        Last edited by Sour Masher; 08-31-2014, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Should have stuck with Felix over Lynn.

Comment

Should have stuck with Felix over Lynn.
                            You might want to wait to see what happens to Felix before declaring this. Lynn does get another start.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                              You might want to wait to see what happens to Felix before declaring this. Lynn does get another start.
                              Yeah, just disappointed in his performance today, and in Kluber's early struggles. Kluber especially has been a rock for me all year, but is struggling now when it counts most.

Comment

Working...
                              X