Clear All

• Wade Davis is the bomb

Since April 23rd:
    48 IP
    .73 WHIP
    .19 ERA
    69 Ks
    7 Wins

I've only had him on my team for 34 of those IP, but he's still given me 5 Wins, a .26 ERA, and SP eligibility too. Unreal.

One of my mistakes this year was not picking him up back in May. I kept looking at him on the WW but just couldn't pull the trigger.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

It's amazing how good this guy is as a bullpenner, but turrble as a starter. He's making the deal with Tampa look great for the Royals.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        It's amazing how good this guy is as a bullpenner, but turrble as a starter. He's making the deal with Tampa look great for the Royals.
        Can't throw anything offspeed and couldn't sustain his velo as a starter.

Wil Myers is what is making this deal look great for the Royals. Of course, both Shields and Davis could be gone after this season as Davis's contract gets rather expensive for a reliever and the Royals really can't afford to carry both he and Holland at their salaries in the back end of their pen.

Comment

He was cut by the first place team in my AL league, which surprised me. He was picked up by another team and at $1, he is a likely keeper for 2015.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            Can't throw anything offspeed and couldn't sustain his velo as a starter.

Wil Myers is what is making this deal look great for the Royals. Of course, both Shields and Davis could be gone after this season as Davis's contract gets rather expensive for a reliever and the Royals really can't afford to carry both he and Holland at their salaries in the back end of their pen.
            Sure, but at the time of the deal, this was a win-now move for KC. And being they've taken over 1st place in the AL Central, it's worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Sure, but at the time of the deal, this was a win-now move for KC. And being they've taken over 1st place in the AL Central, it's worked out.
              Gave them a 2-year window to get things done. If Myers pulls his head out of his ass in years 3-6, KC loses. Right now, they're the clear winner.

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if one of Davis or Holland is gone next year. I have them both, so one of them closing elsewhere would be like my stock splitting. I'm rooting for it, although if I were a KC fan, I might want them to shell out the cash to keep them both. I know small market teams usually can't afford that, but have arguably the best 1-2 punch in baseball at the back end was such a huge part of their success this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  Gave them a 2-year window to get things done. If Myers pulls his head out of his ass in years 3-6, KC loses. Right now, they're the clear winner.
                  You gotta look at this differently.

The Royals have not made the post-season in 28 years(!!!), and their winning ways have also boosted attendance by 10% this season (I know as a Rays fan that usually doesn't enter your thinking, lol). If KC makes the playoffs and perhaps advances to the ALCS and beyond, you have to consider this deal a pure win for them no matter how Myers turns out -- until he finally walks from TB.

Heck, this may revitalize baseball in KC, which is well worth the cost of a solid player like Myers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if one of Davis or Holland is gone next year. I have them both, so one of them closing elsewhere would be like my stock splitting. I'm rooting for it, although if I were a KC fan, I might want them to shell out the cash to keep them both. I know small market teams usually can't afford that, but have arguably the best 1-2 punch in baseball at the back end was such a huge part of their success this year.
                    said as much back in mid-May - http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/wade-...nant-reliever/

Comment

Working...
                    X